All reviewsquichecontinental breakfastbiscottipool areawine countrypool and hot tubpastriessqueezed orange juicebeautiful landscapingsonoma marketnice poolhard boiled eggsbusy roadgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againshort drivetown square
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Background: we had travelled around California and Hawaii for just over a month and this was our last stop after some exceptional times. We were looking for some relaxed, comfortable surroundings where we could take it easy after some fairly hectic travelling and hiking.
Reception: this was delightful, the charming person on the desk was efficient, polite, interested and really keen to tell us about a farmers market that evening in the town.
Room: we had a very spacious, clean, and bright room overlooking the gardens. Plenty of hot water and a comfortable bed.
Breakfast: this was really good, fresh juice, plenty of breads, fruit and cereals. A very busy lady was constantly filling up and tidying areas.
Outside space: the gardens were beautifully looked after and we loved the swimming pool, with plenty of sunbeds. There was an ice machine and water, which was good as it was extremely hot whilst we were there.
Situation: this hotel is slightly out of the town (5 minute drive) and on a main road, we were not bothered by any noise and as we were driving to wineries it was not a problem for us. Plenty of very nice places to eat in the town.
My husband had mistakenly left the previous hotel with the door keys, he was given an envelope, paper and advised how to get to the post office, great service.
Would we stay again? Absolutely, without any hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda G
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Linda G,

I'm so glad that you chose to end your vacation with a stay in Sonoma!
It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and that is exactly what we are always
working for- satisfied customers! I'm happy to hear that your room suited your needs
and that you enjoyed our grounds and breakfast.

We hope that you will stay with us again should you ever return to Wine Country!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Friendly check-in. Nicely appointed rooms, with all the necessities- good bed and bedding, TV and WiFi and frig. Beautiful, lush grounds with really pretty pool and hot tub. Nice continental+ breakfast. Staff very helpful.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robyn S

Hello Robyn S- thank you reviewing us!
I'm so glad that we were able to host you while you were in Sonoma.
I certainly hope that you enjoyed your stay and also hope that you will return soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We chose this inn from Booking.com, and didn't know exactly what to expect, since we've been fooled before by great looking website pictures that didn't match our experience. However, no problem at El Pueblo! From the moment we checked in, our stay was exceptional, beginning with Richard at the front desk. My husband can't live (or do business on the road) without an internet connection, and Richard worked late into the night getting to the root of the problem. He went so far as to connect my husband with the IT support person from their provider, to make sure things were fixed. That was way above and beyond the call of duty!!
Since we were with other family members for a vineyard wedding, we made full use of the pool and hot tub area. Everything was clean and spacious, and the lush gardens were a beautiful backdrop to the area. Speaking of the gardens...I used the fitness room early one morning, and found the ground crew hard at work checking the pool chemicals, wiping down all the tables and chairs, and sprucing up the gardens. The upkeep on the whole facility is top-notch!
Breakfast was included in our room, and while we're accustomed to some ho-hum buffets, this one was definitely several steps above. Not only were there local pastries, and fresh-squeezed juice, but I've never seen quiche on a continental buffet! The dining room was pretty small for an inn that large, but there was additional seating on the patio, again surrounded by the beautiful gardens.
While the standard two-bedroom room wasn't exceptionally large, we had a lot of storage space so we weren't tripping over our luggage or bags.
All in all, our stay at the El Pueblo Inn was the icing on the wedding cake!! I'd come back in a heartbeat, and if you're in Sonoma on a Tuesday, check out the awesome farmer's market in the square. Fresh produce, live music, and dozens of food vendors! Great fun!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lyn969,

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write us a review!
I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel pleasant and comfortable- that is what we are always striving for! We feel honored that you chose to stay with us while celebrating.
I am also glad to hear that Richard took care of your internet connection problems! So sorry there was a problem in the first place!
We hope that you will soon return to Sonoma and give us the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My fiance and I stayed here at the recommendation of a friend and we were pleased with the stay. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The shower pressure was the best part of the whole place. My fiance used the pool area and said it was very nice. There were several wedding parties staying at the hotel which made for a loud late-night, but overall it was quiet. The hotel is conveniently located near downtown and toward the highway to the vineyards. We'd certainly stay here again...

Room Tip: I'd request a room overlooking the courtyard - it's beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine H
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear KatherineH,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review!

I'm so glad that your stay with us was comfortable and that you found our location convenient.
I'm sorry that you experienced noise during your stay with us- we make an effort to control the noise but it can be a bit difficult when we are at full capacity. I hope that your time in our town was enjoyable and that you are able to return to the wine country soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We travelled to wine county from San Francisco during weekdays and we had no reservation. El Pueblo was the perfect accommodation: room readily available, very close to downtown Sonoma, super friendly staff, big and clean room, very comfortable bed (got the king size!). The beautiful garden in the internal courtyard and the swimming pool were a treat. It's just a pity the breakfast did not follow the trend in organic and sustainable food so widespread in the area. Otherwise definitively recommended!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freechildLondon

Hello freechildLondon,

Thank you for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor!

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you found your stay with us to be comfortable and accommodating

Thank you for your feedback on our breakfast- we are actively pursuing ways to upgrade our offerings and we welcome any and all suggestions!

We hope to see you again!