All reviewsquichecontinental breakfastbiscottipool areawine countrypool and hot tubpastriessqueezed orange juicebeautiful landscapingsonoma marketnice poolhard boiled eggsbusy roadgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againshort drivetown square
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Spent two nights here while on a wine tasting trip. Great location (about five minutes from "The Plaza") and garden grounds. The pool and spa area is open 24 hours because it is not located in the central area. The have an ice machine, cold water and restrooms. Our room was very nice. The free breakfast didn't have waffles but did have all the usual stuff. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Hello richard g, and thank you for your review!

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and our grounds! Thank you
for choosing to stay with us- we truly appreciate your business.

We'd love to host you whenever you return to wine country so please give us a call
when you are able to return.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We rolled into El Pueblo Inn, exhausted and needing and wanting to find a bed for the night..and soon. The service on reception was warm and welcoming, exactly that little bit of comfort we needed after driving all the way from Lake Tahoe. For around $160 we got a 2 double bed room for 3 of us, complete with sumptuous looking beds that provided an excellent night's rest after a hard day cycling around the Sonoma Valley.

Within a few minutes, we'd passed through the tropical gardens encompassed by the hotel and were in our room which was comfortable, with good decor and a sense of quality. The room itself had a TV, fridge, ensuite bathroom with bath.

The pool area was perfect for a spot of winding down, a large sunken jacuzzi to ease the aching limbs and a small gym if you were feeling adventurous. We weren't. The hotel also had bikes to hire for a really reasonable rate (which escapes me..but remember at the time thinking that it was very reasonable!)

Breakfast is served in a small dining room off the reception area, but had a good choice of pastries, bagels, muffins, cereals, toast, fruit etc.

To walk into central Sonoma was a 20 minute walk down one straight road, easy peasy.

All in all, El Pueblo made for a perfect stay in Sonoma, especially if you don't have a massive amount of money to blow on one of the much pricier hotels right in the centre of town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Havemonkeywilltravel (I love your username!)

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us while you were exploring the wine country!

I am so glad to hear that we were able to welcome you and get you situated comfortably after your travels. Thank you for your lovely comments about our rooms and grounds! I hope that the rest of your trip is enjoyable and if you ever should return to Sonoma that you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Stay away from this place if you want a decent night's rest. In all of my travels, this is probably one of the hardest if not the hardest beds I have ever encountered in a hotel. In fact I am writing my review at 2 in the morning during my stay at the hotel because I can't sleep. Location is good and rooms are clean but the hard, uncomfortable bed makes this hotel unbearable.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank lovetoski1973
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear lovetoski1973,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate feedback.

I'm so sorry that you found our beds uncomfortable! They are Simmons BeautyRest mattresses and I have one at home that I really like, but I have added a fluffy topper to mine. We have talked about switching to pillowtop mattresses and your review leads me to believe that we should look into them more directly.

Again, I apologize for your uncomfortable stay, I hope that your time in Sonoma was enjoyable and thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I were only staying in Sonoma Valley for one night we we chose to stay at the El Pueblo Inn. I guess that from the pictures I expected more of a Hotel than Motel - all of the rooms are accessed from outdoors, I was expecting an interior hallway. However, once we were inside the room, we were very pleasantly surprised. Two huge beds plenty of drawer space (needed to repack the suitcases) and a nice clean room and clean bathroom. There was even a patio out back that overlooked the fountains. The continental breakfast the next morning was just very simple - but that is what continental breakfasts are - a muffin, juice, and some fruit - and of course coffee. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foodietravel73
Kaala S, Guest Relations Manager at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear foodietravel73 (love your username!)-

Thank you for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor!

Thank you also for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate your business.
I'm glad to hear that your stay was comfortable during your short stay in Sonoma!

I hope that you will return to Wine Country soon and that we will get the chance to host you again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Background: we had travelled around California and Hawaii for just over a month and this was our last stop after some exceptional times. We were looking for some relaxed, comfortable surroundings where we could take it easy after some fairly hectic travelling and hiking.
Reception: this was delightful, the charming person on the desk was efficient, polite, interested and really keen to tell us about a farmers market that evening in the town.
Room: we had a very spacious, clean, and bright room overlooking the gardens. Plenty of hot water and a comfortable bed.
Breakfast: this was really good, fresh juice, plenty of breads, fruit and cereals. A very busy lady was constantly filling up and tidying areas.
Outside space: the gardens were beautifully looked after and we loved the swimming pool, with plenty of sunbeds. There was an ice machine and water, which was good as it was extremely hot whilst we were there.
Situation: this hotel is slightly out of the town (5 minute drive) and on a main road, we were not bothered by any noise and as we were driving to wineries it was not a problem for us. Plenty of very nice places to eat in the town.
My husband had mistakenly left the previous hotel with the door keys, he was given an envelope, paper and advised how to get to the post office, great service.
Would we stay again? Absolutely, without any hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda G

Dear Linda G,

I'm so glad that you chose to end your vacation with a stay in Sonoma!
It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and that is exactly what we are always
working for- satisfied customers! I'm happy to hear that your room suited your needs
and that you enjoyed our grounds and breakfast.

We hope that you will stay with us again should you ever return to Wine Country!