El Pueblo Inn
US$197
US$382
US$329
US$327
Cinnamon Bear Creekside Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$205
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
US$352
US$419
US$319
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
Sonoma Creek Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$136
US$291
US$282
Hotwire.com
Ledson Hotel(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
US$435
Hidden Oak Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
US$286
All reviewsquichecontinental breakfastbiscottitaco standpool areapool and hot tubpastrieswine countrysqueezed orange juicebeautiful landscapingsonoma marketnice poolhard boiled eggsbusy streetgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againminute drive
Reviewed 20 July 2008

We stayed at the El Pueblo, mainly because of the good reviews on this site, for 3 nights July 3/4/5.
The staff were excellent very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, comfortable and met our expectations. The grounds are quite simply a delight, beautifully maintained and a nice relaxing little haven to chill in. The pool area was clean and the hot tub lovely!
We arrived early and were greeted very well, given advice on where to eat, what to see in town etc. The front desk recommended Saddles to eat, they arranged a taxi, made a dinner reservation for us and we were overjoyed with the meal!!
This is a motel (very good one) not a hotel, but I would stay there again. My only concerns are that it is not cheap, and it is a fairly long way from town, and it is close to the highway, although not too noisy.
There is a saloon just around the corner, which I visited and enjoyed a friendly welcome and a couple of very nice cold beers(Blue Moon I think).
Overall we really enjoyed our stay in Sonoma and the El Pueblo was a good part of it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wrensnestred
Reviewed 25 June 2008

My husband and I grew up in Sonoma and had recently moved out of town. We often have to come back in town for work, family, and friend obligations. Because of this we often have to stay in a hotel. El Pueblo Inn is never our first choice, but there are times when every other hotel is booked during big events like NASCAR or Vintage Festival. The last time we stayed there will be the last time I will ever step foot on their grounds. The hotel itself is extremely over priced. The rates are comparable to all the other hotels in town that are MUCH nicer. We love The Lodge, Macaurthur Place, El Dorado, and even the Best Western is ten times nicer. El Pueblo has small rooms and is right on Highway 12. The recent upgrades they have done still don't compare to the other hotels in town. In comparison to other places in Sonoma, this is a Motel.

The manager there is HORRIBLE. She claimed my husband had been smoking in the room, which considering I was 5 months pregnant, was completely untrue. The room smelled like smoke when we arrived. They also charge you for an upgraded room, however these rooms are not new or upgraded. They are the same crappy, smelly rooms they have always had. Also the morning of our stay, we had to pick up our dog at my brother-in-laws house. She was with us for about an hour while we were packing up and leaving. Because of these two things they said they were going to charge us an extra $200! My husband said that he absolutely would not authorize that payment. Finally she agreed to not charge us, but then a week later I look at my bank statement and she charged us anyway! I couldn't believe it. We called back and demanded they reverse it immediately. After an argument she finally agreed. What kind of business thinks they can just change their mind and put unauthorized payments on credit cards?

Do yourself a favor and stay at any of the other Hotels in town. They are ALL much nicer and in the same price range.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cocochannel1981
Reviewed 11 June 2008

For 2 nights in May, the El Pueblo Inn was a very comfortable and convenient stay in Sonoma. The rooms are superbly clean and in amazing condition. The grounds are very well maintained. We had minimal contact with staff since we are typically not needy guests at hotels. When we did interact with the staff, they were helpful and honest. We rented bicycles through the hotel so we could bike into Sonoma and the surrounding area - a treat! The pool and hot tub are well maintained and clean as well. We recommend this hotel to families and couples, or anyone looking for a great location in Sonoma. This hotel was a good price for the value and comfort we received during out stay in Sonoma.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2008

I stayed at this hotel for the jazz festival in sonoma, which let me tell you was amazing. We booked for two nights with a king rm in thier new building. The room was super clean compared to other hotels I have stayed at. The grounds were amazing, even the pool area had beautiful grounds and the pool is a good size the jacuzzi was also pretty big and its open 24hrs!!!!!!! The front desk was very helpful with recommodations for restaurants and things to do. The 2 women at the front desk who checked us out were so friendly they give us directions to thier favorite winery Benzinger in Glen Ellen which is great. When I come back to Sonoma next year for the jazz festival I will be sure to stay at the El Pueblo.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2008

When arriving at the El Pueblo Inn, my first reaction was "Oh wow... I can't believe I'm about to pay more than $200 for a night here." It looks like any one of the thousands of roadside motels anywhere.

And while it is pricey, the rooms are decidedly HOTEL, not motel quality. The rooms are sparkling clean. The bathrooms feel like they might in a hotel built in the last ten years: plush linens, a powerful shower head, shaving mirror, clean tile.

The setting is nice and the 24-hour pool/hot tub is a great feature (24 hours with a note requesting quiet after 10 PM). Breakfast is fine but not great.

I enjoyed the very firm beds, but others might find them to be uncomfortable. They are substantially firmer than any national chain's beds.

The hotel provides free wireless internet access but it is very slow. Be prepared for dial-up speeds.

TVs are small but each includes a DVD player.

Rooms include two comfortable recliners, which I greatly enjoyed.

As other reviewers have said, the Inn is not really within quick walking distance of Sonoma Plaza. It's a very quick drive, or an extended walk.

All in all, the El Pueblo Inn is a solid choice, but because of the price, I would recommend that you try to book other places first if you're quoted a rate above $200. I would gladly return here for $150/night.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends