We stayed here after a two night stay in a mega resort in napa so this was a welcomed change of pace. Although not technically a bed and breakfast, the Inn at Sonoma does have a cozy feel to it, with only 19 rooms in the building.
They serve a breakfast buffet in the morning and a wine and cheese happy hour nightly, both which seem to be big hits with the guests. There's always a tin of cookies in the hallway. The food all seems good, but we came to this area to be wowed by food and although it looked above average we still wandered into town for breakfast on our first morning.
The rooms are well appointed and comfortable, but certainly not the luxury accommodations I imagine you'd find if you spent a hundred dollars more per night. Don't get me wrong, the bed is very comfortable and the room is clean. There were some nice features like a fireplace that can be turned on and off with a light switch by the bed. It is definitely nicer than your average hotel.
I took a star off because there are a few details that I personally found lacking. The sink in the bathroom is a vessel sink with a decorative faucet, which looks better than in functions. The toilet paper is a lower quality scratchy paper--not what I would expect for a place that is $250/night. Last, the bathroom door swings out and into the door to the room. Not a big deal, but kind of annoying. I think this could easily be remedied with a pocket door.
Ultimately I think I would stay here again if I were to return to Sonoma, but the truth is we found Sonoma a little lacking compared to what Napa had to offer. It is a short walk to the town square which was charming, but we found ourselves traveling each day back to St Helena and Napa for activities and ultimately regretting not booking a longer stay and skipping Sonoma. That is not to say that there aren't great things to do in Sonoma, but we were wowed by Napa and continued to make plans to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fall in love with the quiet pace, beautiful vistas and fabulous food and wine of the Sonoma Valley. Coupled with a year-round temperate climate, this is a wonderful place to explore - no matter what the season. Conveniently located just two blocks from the historic Sonoma Plaza, the Inn at Sonoma is the perfect destination for your Wine Country visit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Sonoma - a Four Sisters Hotel Sonoma
- Inn At Sonoma - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Hotel Sonoma
- Inn Sonoma
- Sonoma Inn