I almost hesitate to give this place a good review because I don't want to find that we cannot get reservations for another stay.
We were 4+ hours north in Mendocino County for a timeshare trade and, when we found that we needed to travel 45 minutes+ for dinner and wine country, after 3 days, we decided to head to Sonoma. We visit California at least once or twice a year to visit my son and roam the countryside for wines and good food so we knew Sonoma was a place we'd enjoy again.
On a Tuesday late afternoon I began a search for a 2 night stay in Sonoma, near the town. We'd stayed at the Marriott and liked it but it was a drive to town center and pricey with only a main building room available. Other Inns and Hotels were $400 plus a night. When the nice young man at Inn at Sonoma answered, I was told they had two rooms available and he quoted me a really good rate. Since we weren't familiar with the property, I said I'd call right back and popped onto TA to see reviews--all good but one. We called back; booked and were off for the 3+ hour drive.
This place was more than we expected. Our room was an ADA/handicap accessible and on the lobby floor. We didn't need the accessibility and worried it would be "odd" and noisy being on the first floor. It was very pretty, full of amenities; in a quiet corner with outer doors for privacy and was very quiet. We had a little patio on which to sit and have wine and coffee. The property has a lovely buffet for breakfast, including pancakes one day and egg quiche and burritos. Wine and cheese are put out for guests to enjoy between 5 and 6:30 and they keep a can of home baked cookies in the lobby day and night.
The staff was warm and friendly; the property clean and comfortable. No spa, no pool (a hot tub on the roof might be enjoyed by some), no "fancy" stuff to charge extra for but the place was just what we wanted and a block and a half to the town center so we parked and walked for two days with plenty of restaurant and wine tasting spots to keep us busy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fall in love with the quiet pace, beautiful vistas and fabulous food and wine of the Sonoma Valley. Coupled with a year-round temperate climate, this is a wonderful place to explore - no matter what the season. Conveniently located just two blocks from the historic Sonoma Plaza, the Inn at Sonoma is the perfect destination for your Wine Country visit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Sonoma - a Four Sisters Hotel Sonoma
- Inn At Sonoma - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Hotel Sonoma
- Inn Sonoma
- Sonoma Inn