“Beautiful facility and great location”

Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed 29 May 2009

My husband and I stayed here two nights in mid-May. The Inn is beautiful, the staff are friendly and informative, and the location of the Inn is about 2 blocks (walking) from the Sonoma city square. The Inn is back from the road so there is no traffic noise. The breakfasts were excellent and the front porch (off from the dining area) is a great place too read the morning paper and drink coffee. Room was spacious. We would definitely stay there again.

There are newer reviews for Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn

Reviewed 25 May 2009

Enjoyed a pleasant overnight stay at the Inn which is in the perfect spot just a short walk from the Plaza. Staff were helpful, breakfast good and public areas of the inn were nicely kept.
My reservation was that the room and bed were both very ordinary (other than the gas fire) but the price definitely was not.

1  Thank barryfox
Reviewed 17 May 2009

The location is great in that we easily walked to the downtown area several times, which we thoroughly enjoyed for a two-day stay. The rooms have balconies, but they all overlook either the parking lot or butted right up to an old school-like building. The inn building itself is very nice, but it's squished among other buildings. Their number of rooms is limited, so parking is not an issue. The staff/service are great! The lobby/dining area is very inviting. The room is more European style, as in on the smaller scale. I wished we'd had the chance to use the fireplace, but the room tended to be warm despite the weather being in the upper 60s. I did find the bed to be uncomfortable. I woke up a bit achy, & the bed covers tended to slide off. Turn-down service is provided w/ a couple of chocolates. We stayed for two nights & got a free morning paper only for the first morning. A public hot tub is available, but don't expect it to be like the photo shown on the Two Sisters Inns website. The breakfasts include a hot egg dish, breads, continental, coffee, tea, fresh juice... afternoon wine & cheese... all just wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed the food; everything very fresh & very flavorful. We never heard people in other rooms, only a couple times if the doors were closed hard. We were there for a couple days of relaxation away from two young, high-spirited kids. If the rate was maybe $30 less per night, I'd give it a better value rating (we paid $225/night). Still, it didn't bother me enough so that I couldn't relax and enjoy it.

Reviewed 11 May 2009

Can't say whether this hotel is the best in Sonoma (because I have only stayed here) but I am skeptical. That said...
What we liked:
B&B like experience
Great breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese as well as free cookies and soft drinks and free newspaper
Very friendly and helpful staff
Great location a few blocks from the square
A very lovely/comfortable lobby area and second level patio area
Negatives:
Bed was a bit uncomfortable
Pillows were foam and not soft, and bed came with one of those synthetic (I think) blankets, besides the bed cover
Room was a bit small
Sinks did drain slowly (other reviewer commented on this)
TV is tiny and old
Walls were a bit thin and could here other guests

If the bedding was of better quality we would have loved our stay here, nothing like a comfortable pillow and bed!

Reviewed 4 April 2009

We would have been disappointed if we'd paid rack rates. The queen bed had an old mattress, otherwise the room was nice. It was a bit small but had a fireplace and a great balcony. The balcony overlooks the parking lot, but still. The bathroom was large. Staff was all very nice, breakfast small but offered a variety of options. Our room was clean, check in/out easy. Parking easy. We walked to restraunts each night and the square to shop-perfect location. We really enjoyed the Girl and the Fig and Della Santina. If I'd known, I would have requested a courtyard table at Della Santina; great food.
Our favorite winery visits were St Francis for their food/wine pairings, jacuzzi winery, and tastings at Walker Stephenson in Healdsburg. Skip Rosso/Bianco for now til their construction is done.

3  Thank noagent
Reviewed 24 March 2009

My wife and I spent three nights of our honeymoon at the Inn. I was in charge of the honeymoon plans, so I did my fair share of research. Neither of us had ever been to Sonoma, so we had to heavily rely on 'word of mouth'.

We were both very pleased with this hotel. The room was very comfortable. The service was pefect - there when you needed them and not in your face. Each morning the breakfast was very good. In fact, I took note on how to make a perfect quiche.

As I was reading reviews about the Inn, I noticed a message regarding the view of a Shell gas station. It could not be more far from the truth. While yes, there is a Shell close by, it is not visible from any of the rooms. We stayed in the room closest to the Shell and did not hear/smell anything that resembled a gas station. Also, don't forget everything in Sonoma shuts down at 7...including that Shell.

1  Thank TMarkham
Reviewed 22 March 2009

The Inn at Sonoma was a wonderful inn for our 3 night stay in Sonoma. The Inn is very conveniently situated in Sonoma a few blocks from the square where all the restaurants were. When we arrived, we were greated by a host who explained to us the amenities of the inn and showed us our room. The inn offered a full breakfast, wine and cheese in the afternoons, complimentary soda and coffee throughout the day and free cookies. The room was spacious and included a porch with a table and two chairs. The room had a modern bathroom and was overall very clean. We borrowed their bikes for a bike ride around town one night. They also offered us coupons for local wine tastings in sonoma and napa valley. Overall, great hotel and would recommend to friends!

1  Thank NYCOnTheGo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen
Olea Hotel
Olea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Glen Ellen

Been to Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!