“Consistently good food”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st St. E
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We go to Sonoma often and, while there, one of our favorite restaurants off the square is Della Santina's. One of the things we love about this restaurant is the courtyard out back. Unfortunately, we failed to make a reservation so we had to sit inside...which is still quite charming.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This place exceeded my earlier expectations, having only been there once before, on a cold and crowded night, which I didn't enjoy.

If the outside patio is available (nice weather), definitely eat outside. The location is small and kind of squished generally, so try visit for an early lunch outside rather than a busy dinner inside. Its a completely different experience.

Portions weren't large, but they were adequate. Pricing was commensurate. Decent value.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Within 6 days I ate at this wonderful Italian restaurant. A friend was visiting from New York so I took her for an early dinner. She had tripe which not many people know how to cook properly. She told me it was the best tripe she had ever eaten. I stuck with my favorite gnocchi in a great pesto sauce. We didn't order dessert but they brought out a delicious rum cake as a thank you for my return. The rum cake was wonderful.
The following week I took my daughter to lunch for her early birthday celebration. We had a leg of lamb sandwich and the Italian sandwich with all kinds of Italian cold cuts. The leg of lamb sandwich was tender and flavorful. The sandwiches are served with an arugula salad. Exquisito! Too full for dessert but when you make on-line reservations, you can tell them if it is a special occasion. Out came this beautiful chocolate dessert. The owner of the trattoria sang to my daughter. It was lovely. The dessert was light and fluffy and most Delicioso! Enjoy this wonderful trattoria.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were in Sonoma for a quick weekend with family. It was Saturday so we made a reservation in advance. It's good that we did as the restaurant were fully booked and it looked like there were lots of regular customers. We were a bit put off by the entrance, the lack of a greeter and an overhead heater running very hot. Finally a host arrived. We were seated in a cute courtyard at the back of the restaurant. Sonoma was treating us to warm weather in May. Our entrees were lasagne, gnocchi of the day (tomato basil sauce), tortellini and a special of the day which was grilled salmon over risotto. All of the entrees were good. The grilled salmon was excellent. We all had dessert since we skipped the salad. Affogato, mango sorbet and panacota. Desserts were also good, but I did not like the fact that the dessert menu had no prices. The service was food and the wait staff were friendly. The prices were a bit high for Italian, but not unduly so.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Della Santina's is a classic northern Italian restaurant with high quality ingredients and a professional staff. Our waiter knew virtually everything on the menu and how it was created. The sole was top notch and wine very nice. Highly recommended.