Suspend disbelief...you are not in a mini French Chateau, but rather California Wine Country on the Sonoma Square. The Ledson Hotel is an anachronism to say the least, but a gorgeous one. Six rooms and a lovely dining room and outdoor cafe. The hotel is affiliated with the Ledson Winery and one is (strongly )encouraged to participate in a free wine tasting on premises and or a private tasting at the winery, about half an hour away. We particiapted in the onsite wine tasting with Justin which was informative and the wine was great. The Wine Club does get mentioned by each and every staff member - club members do earn points and discounts on wine purchases and accommodations which is no doubt a good deal for return visitors and wine buffs who are interesting in spending about $1000 annually on shipments from the club.
The rooms and common areas miss no expense as far as marble fireplace surrounds, tub and shower. Luxurious European style linens, towels and robes. Inlaid wooden floors and crown moldings are amazing - apparently it took over three years to build and craft the small hotel.
The staff is lovely, but a bit invisible. Angel was apparently involved in the construction and now serves as housekeeper, handyman and general welcoming committee. Michelle Ledson is very nice and provides good advice about where to go and what to do ...and the wine club and their winery tours.
Breakfast was fine...the first morning, repeated day two and day three!?! Weird.... baked eggs with veggies, fruit, granola and yoghurt. Perhaps all the lean and fit Californians do not eat toast, muffins or croissants - however there is a lovely French/Basque bakery just down the block. Wondered if the warmish egg dish was baked once a week and nuked every morning (and then covered with a napkin to sit until someone decided to give it a try)???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ledson Hotel features six individually decorated guest rooms that are named after the legendary Ledson family members: William, Noble, Whitby, Winslow, Barker, and Edna. Appointed with antique grandeur, and paired with modern amenities, each room reflects a different personality with almost 400 square feet of luxury and comfort for your convenience. All rooms are equipped with king-sized beds, whirlpool tubs with a separate standing shower, marble sink vanity, complimentary Internet access, refrigerator, fireplace and balcony. One guestroom is equipped with wheelchair accessible facilities. The rooms boast views of the historic and bustling Sonoma Plaza or overlook the rustic backstreets that make Sonoma quaint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Ledson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledson Hotel And Centre Du Vin
- Ledson Hotel Sonoma
- Ledson Hotel Harmony Lounge