We arrived to check in but had a bit of difficulty figuring out where we should go since there is no lobby. The bartender saw we appeared lost and helped us out. Angel took care of our luggage and I can't say enough about Angel. He is a jack of all trades in the hotel and took excellent care of us. Our room looked out over the square and was very nice. The bathroom was very large but the jetted tub was in the main room. The fireplace was gas and controlled by thermostat so would turn off if it got too hot in the room. The balcony is pretty tiny but will accommodate 2 people. Overall the room gets a thumbs up from us.
Breakfast comes with the room and may be served either in the room or downstairs in the restaurant area and is served from 8:30 to 10:30. We had to leave on the second morning to catch a flight so were unable to have breakfast. The first morning I called Angel to find out where it was going to be served and he told me downstairs and he was running a few minutes early so we should come down early. We did this but another employee seemed a bit put out that we were down early and commented that breakfast didn't start until 8:30.
We booked the room months early and credit cards are charged at booking. If you are a club member then you get points for your stay plus a 5% discount. We did some tastings at the bar and decided we'd join the club. I assumed our stay would be able to get points and the 5% discount applied to the room but I was wrong. The rationale given was the room was already paid for therefore it didn't count. I didn't find this rationale compelling and my wife and I debated whether or not we would join the club over this issue. We scheduled a private tasting at the Ledson Castle and were completely won over by the young lady that conducted the tasting. She was the deciding factor on joining the club. The wines were excellent by the way.
The hotel gets 4 stars from us instead of 5 for two reasons. First is the issue of the stay not counting as a club stay. It may be a minor issue but it is a bit of a negative as far as customer service goes. The second issue is we were a bit offended when we were told to come downstairs early for breakfast by one employee and then mildly scolded by another for doing so.
We will stay at the Ledson again if we find ourselves in Sonoma.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ledson Hotel features six individually decorated guest rooms that are named after the legendary Ledson family members: William, Noble, Whitby, Winslow, Barker, and Edna. Appointed with antique grandeur, and paired with modern amenities, each room reflects a different personality with almost 400 square feet of luxury and comfort for your convenience. All rooms are equipped with king-sized beds, whirlpool tubs with a separate standing shower, marble sink vanity, complimentary Internet access, refrigerator, fireplace and balcony. One guestroom is equipped with wheelchair accessible facilities. The rooms boast views of the historic and bustling Sonoma Plaza or overlook the rustic backstreets that make Sonoma quaint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Ledson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledson Hotel And Centre Du Vin
- Ledson Hotel Sonoma
- Ledson Hotel Harmony Lounge