“Wine country winner”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Long Beach, California
“Wine country winner”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My friend and I had dinner at Ledson's last year and had a wonderful evening so when we were looking for a hotel in Sonoma this year I was delighted to find Ledson's had a room available for our visit. We checked in with Michelle who was warm and friendly then Angel took us to our room. Our reaction on entering the room was "WOW", it is probably the most beautiful hotel room I have been in and I travel frequently.
Angel is aptly named and if one didn't know better would think he was the hotel owner. He took great pains to make sure we understood how everything worked in the room and even gave us his cell phone number In case we had questions later, even after he went home; this was a first! In the morning when my friend indicated she was allergic to eggs and couldn't eat the delicious quiche, he cooked her bacon because the chef was out. This is service at its best.
There are only 6 rooms at the hotel and even though it is right on the square it is extremely quiet.
The hotel stay included a personal wine tasting at their beautiful winery. We were hosted by Jason who was a delight and all the wines were delicious; it was a lovely fun experience.
I highly recommend this hotel with trepidation because the next time I want to visit it may become too popular!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room overlooking the parking lot but there were beautiful trees below so the view fro...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Belmond
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I agreed for a birthday gift to each other would be a trip to Sonoma staying at the Lesdon Hotel. We had flown into Sacramento to minimize traffic out of Oakland or San Fransico. At our arrival we were greeted by Michelle and we were early, which was a plus because our room was ready and waiting. Michelle showed us or room which was the Winslow. As we walked in our mouths hit the floor, the grandeur of the room in the middle over looking the square is priceless. We went down to the restaurant and had the cheese plate, meat plate, along with their French onion soup and a glass of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvgnon which is very pleasing to our palates. Coy served us and is very dedicated to making sure everything was to our satisfication. Angel is truly the person to go to in the morning. My morning meals were prepared special for me every morning as I have a gluten allergy making it hard to eat the main breakfast which my wife enjoyed. Katie tends the bar with a vibrant smile and happy go lucky attitude while making you feel welcomed. Peter has the ability to charm you with his social skills and befriend you making you enjoy the atmosphere the the Lesdon offers. In all every staff member goes above and beyond. Also while we stayed at the Ledson Hotel we received two complimentary private wine tasting north of Sonoma at The Castle. Stephanie was our tour guide and tasting expert and introduced us to Steve Ledson. We will be returning again to visit our new friends. Our stay was July 30th - August 3rd.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gary D
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I recently ventured to Sonoma, to attend a family wedding. We decided to make a vacation of the trip and, as such, wanted more than "a place to sleep at night." The Ledson certainly delivered. This boutique hotel is perfectly located in town centre, offering lovely views of the town square (make sure you request a room with a view, as a few rooms face the back parking lot). We enjoyed several glasses of wine from our balcony (ours had one of those amazing, postcard views). Our room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. And the service was truly noteworthy. We arrived late (due to a delayed flight and crazy traffic from San Francisco) with barely time to spare, before the restaurant closed, but the staff welcomed us and served us a tasty dinner. We also enjoyed a really nice Continental breakfast each morning (the quiche and fruit slaw were fantastic)... but as a note, this is a perk when the hotel is booked to certain capacity (ask about this). The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable, even helping to find a box and securely package several bottles of wine and olive oil we purchased (thanks Angel and Merilee!!). As for the Ledson wines, well... we visited several wineries during our trip, but left Sonoma having joined only one wine club... The Ledson! If/ when we return to Sonoma, we'll definitely stay at the Ledson!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the square (if you want a great view) or the private, back parking lot (if you...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is an excellent choice for a couples romantic get away. My husband and I loved this place and now that he has passed away, I go with my best friend. All the amenities are above and beyond. Michelle is the best!! She will make sure your stay is wonderful and memorable. Make sure you go to the Ledson winery too out Sonoma Highway for the best wine tasting ever. Ask for Jerry as he will take care of you, for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Auburn, California, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I recently spent two days at the Ledson hotel and we were very pleased with the service, the cleanliness and the charm of the accommodations. The staff at the Ledson actually made you feel as if they were truly pleased to have you as their guest. The hotel itself is an absolutely beautiful facility exuding victorian charm. The restaurant was quite good. The food was delicious and again the service was excellent. Also with your reservation you will be offered a private, no cost, wine tasting at their vineyard, which is really a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: My only advice is to make sure that you request the front rooms facing the Sonoma Plaza. You will ha...
1 Thank Richard A
Concord, NC
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived to check in but had a bit of difficulty figuring out where we should go since there is no lobby. The bartender saw we appeared lost and helped us out. Angel took care of our luggage and I can't say enough about Angel. He is a jack of all trades in the hotel and took excellent care of us. Our room looked out over the square and was very nice. The bathroom was very large but the jetted tub was in the main room. The fireplace was gas and controlled by thermostat so would turn off if it got too hot in the room. The balcony is pretty tiny but will accommodate 2 people. Overall the room gets a thumbs up from us.
Breakfast comes with the room and may be served either in the room or downstairs in the restaurant area and is served from 8:30 to 10:30. We had to leave on the second morning to catch a flight so were unable to have breakfast. The first morning I called Angel to find out where it was going to be served and he told me downstairs and he was running a few minutes early so we should come down early. We did this but another employee seemed a bit put out that we were down early and commented that breakfast didn't start until 8:30.
We booked the room months early and credit cards are charged at booking. If you are a club member then you get points for your stay plus a 5% discount. We did some tastings at the bar and decided we'd join the club. I assumed our stay would be able to get points and the 5% discount applied to the room but I was wrong. The rationale given was the room was already paid for therefore it didn't count. I didn't find this rationale compelling and my wife and I debated whether or not we would join the club over this issue. We scheduled a private tasting at the Ledson Castle and were completely won over by the young lady that conducted the tasting. She was the deciding factor on joining the club. The wines were excellent by the way.
The hotel gets 4 stars from us instead of 5 for two reasons. First is the issue of the stay not counting as a club stay. It may be a minor issue but it is a bit of a negative as far as customer service goes. The second issue is we were a bit offended when we were told to come downstairs early for breakfast by one employee and then mildly scolded by another for doing so.
We will stay at the Ledson again if we find ourselves in Sonoma.

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms. Three overlook the town square and three overlook the back parking lot. Ou...
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The rooms were amazing, hot tub, fireplace, beautifully decorated, so romantic. You have to check in at restaurant downstairs which was a little confusing at first, but the customer service was very friendly and helpful. You are right in the square, but our room was quite.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
El Pueblo Inn
El Pueblo Inn
#3 of 11 in Sonoma
Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn
Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen
Kenwood Inn and Spa, A Four Sisters Inn

Been to Ledson Hotel? Share your experiences!