We just returned from our annual weekend to the wine country. We stayed at the Ledson for the 2nd year in a row and were not thrilled. Last year they were a little "green ' having just been opened a year so we let a few things slide. This year we were expecting them to have it together. It started with Michelle the owner. I had booked my reservation 6 months prior and called 1 month in advance to find out if any new restaurants had opened in the last year. She was very vague and said she didn't venture outside of Sonoma much(I was actaully asking about the Sonoma area) and said a friend had been talking about a new place that had opened in Napa that was a kin to the French laundry. I asked if she could get a reserv. Two weeks went by and no phone call. I called again to refresh her memory. She said she tried to call her friend but couldn"t get a hold of her. YEEAAA,...could you maybe go the extra mile and either call me back with that info or possibly try again? She also offered to help with any spa resev. I told her I would call back to let her know if Sat. or Sun would work out better. Called back, left a message and still no word. Being a concierge is not what she as an owner(or her staff) are about so don't trouble her. I never heard back about the restaurant either
As for the room. Beautiful but not without some wear in the last year. There was visible "chunk" of plaster fallen from the wall on the way to the bathroom that needed repair. As for service in basic room keeping and ameneties it was sorely lacking. After our first night we had an early appt. and asked if we could get some toast or a bagel earlier(20) min or so than the usua 9-10:30 breakfast time. We were told no.
also the coffe in the upper hallway was to be ready at 7:30am. No coffee! There were 4 pots out and none of them were marked as to Regular, Decaff, Hot water etc. Also on the little deck outside the room overlooking the square...tons of pidgeon poop that had not been cleaned in a whileGROSS! Do you know what that does to a person!
When we came back from a long day we arrived to dirty wine glasses that had not been removed. dirty drinking glasses that had not been replenished and no new toiletries! Even the Best Western does that!
I was very dissappointed and we won't be back. I think a small hotel of that price range should bend over backwards! I mean they only have 6 rooms! If aloof and sloppy are what you want GO FOR IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ledson Hotel features six individually decorated guest rooms that are named after the legendary Ledson family members: William, Noble, Whitby, Winslow, Barker, and Edna. Appointed with antique grandeur, and paired with modern amenities, each room reflects a different personality with almost 400 square feet of luxury and comfort for your convenience. All rooms are equipped with king-sized beds, whirlpool tubs with a separate standing shower, marble sink vanity, complimentary Internet access, refrigerator, fireplace and balcony. One guestroom is equipped with wheelchair accessible facilities. The rooms boast views of the historic and bustling Sonoma Plaza or overlook the rustic backstreets that make Sonoma quaint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Ledson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledson Hotel And Centre Du Vin
- Ledson Hotel Sonoma
- Ledson Hotel Harmony Lounge