“Ledson Hotel...Old World Charm with Up to Date Decor”
Review of Ledson Hotel

Ledson Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Bay Area
“Ledson Hotel...Old World Charm with Up to Date Decor”
Reviewed 10 June 2006

Ledson Hotel is just beautiful. The building which was built in the last 3 or so years was built to look old, but had all modern amenities. Our room "William" was lovely. The room boasts a Jacuzzi style tub along with a gas fireplace. Bath products are Aveda. Our balcony was not one of the three rooms in the hotel that face the plaza, rather it faced the ally. That was fine with us. We were not able to request a certain room per "Michele" who stated that they do not assign rooms until 24 hours before the stay. Upon our arrival we were confused as to where we should enter. We were not notified when booking that you can either enter through the restaurant (Harmony) or through the back door where guests are able to park. We asked a server in the restaurant if we were in the right place. She said yes and went to get the manager. While we waited, we took in the restaurant which we were going to dine at that evening. We were asked to park our car in the back of the hotel and were given assistance with our luggage. We dined in Harmony (Ledson Hotel restaurant) that evening. As it was a Monday night we practically had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed our dinner (food was good, the service was outstanding) and the music too which is played by a skillful piano player. There was no turn down service. Breakfast is served in Harmony between 9:00AM and 10:30AM which is only open to the hotel guests at breakfast. We were given a menu with six choices. Of course, after making our selection (yogurt and house made granola with fruit) we were told that was one of two menu items that were not available. We opted for the bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and wheat toast. The breakfast was good.

As a guest of the hotel you are offered a private wine tasting at Ledson Winery in Kenwood. We had made reservations at 12:00PM but decided not to go. When we said that we would like to cancel the reservation, she inquired if it was too early. We were offered a change in time. We just didn’t feel like a wine tasting that day. I thought that was very nice to offer a different time, as it could have just been cancelled without any further inquiry. We did however take the drive to Ledson and went inside. It is a spectacular building. If you have the time, it’s a must see. The also have a deli, wine, cheese and gift shop. Great for picking up picnic, lunch or a snack for later.

Would we stay here again? Absolutely! Whatever room you are assigned, we are sure you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Stayed June 2006
4 Thank SC/BTravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 April 2006

The Ledson Hotel and Harmony club in Sonoma was everything I had hoped it would be in our first trip to wine country, and first time staying at a B&B. Charming, quiet, luxurious, and friendly. I didn't want to leave the bed it was so comfy, but the jacuzzi tub was the finishing touch that made our room so fantastic.
My SO was delayed getting to Sonoma from Chicago, so I spent most of the first evening on my own. I headed downstairs to the bar and ate an amazing meal while listening to some excellent live music. Jessica the bartender made great suggestions on food and also made sure my wine glass was always full. I was happy that Michele, the hotel manager/owner, suggested it when she found out I was going to be alone for a few hours.
The french toast for breakfast in the morning was some of the best i've had. We were then off to the Ledson family winery for a private wine tasting, and Randy was full of knowledge, helpful, and fun to taste with. He kept our tasting appointment even though we were over an hour late getting there, so we are very appreciative of that. Do not miss the Ledson winery; the grounds and the building itself are gorgeous.
I would happily stay here again, look forward to it, and hopefully next time for much longer than only two days.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank tripchick99
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2005

We stayed at the Ledson three nights in June to celebrate our 20th anniversary. What Luxury! The rooms are beautiful-very French. I just wish we had spent more time in the room. We enjoyed the coffee and tea available each morning. The king-size bed was really comfortable with lots of pillows and a down comforter. Be sure to request rooms facing the square. There is a small balcony to sit and enjoy tea in the morning. We had a difficult time getting the music to work and never could get the wireless internet going, but then we are technically challenged. The staff took care of every need. I would return in a heartbeat. Be sure to visit Ledson Castle winery.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
minneapolis
Reviewed 12 August 2005

We just returned from our annual weekend to the wine country. We stayed at the Ledson for the 2nd year in a row and were not thrilled. Last year they were a little "green ' having just been opened a year so we let a few things slide. This year we were expecting them to have it together. It started with Michelle the owner. I had booked my reservation 6 months prior and called 1 month in advance to find out if any new restaurants had opened in the last year. She was very vague and said she didn't venture outside of Sonoma much(I was actaully asking about the Sonoma area) and said a friend had been talking about a new place that had opened in Napa that was a kin to the French laundry. I asked if she could get a reserv. Two weeks went by and no phone call. I called again to refresh her memory. She said she tried to call her friend but couldn"t get a hold of her. YEEAAA,...could you maybe go the extra mile and either call me back with that info or possibly try again? She also offered to help with any spa resev. I told her I would call back to let her know if Sat. or Sun would work out better. Called back, left a message and still no word. Being a concierge is not what she as an owner(or her staff) are about so don't trouble her. I never heard back about the restaurant either
As for the room. Beautiful but not without some wear in the last year. There was visible "chunk" of plaster fallen from the wall on the way to the bathroom that needed repair. As for service in basic room keeping and ameneties it was sorely lacking. After our first night we had an early appt. and asked if we could get some toast or a bagel earlier(20) min or so than the usua 9-10:30 breakfast time. We were told no.
also the coffe in the upper hallway was to be ready at 7:30am. No coffee! There were 4 pots out and none of them were marked as to Regular, Decaff, Hot water etc. Also on the little deck outside the room overlooking the square...tons of pidgeon poop that had not been cleaned in a whileGROSS! Do you know what that does to a person!
When we came back from a long day we arrived to dirty wine glasses that had not been removed. dirty drinking glasses that had not been replenished and no new toiletries! Even the Best Western does that!
I was very dissappointed and we won't be back. I think a small hotel of that price range should bend over backwards! I mean they only have 6 rooms! If aloof and sloppy are what you want GO FOR IT!

• Stayed August 2005
17 Thank cmhardt
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 1 August 2005

We just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Ledson Hotel and can't wait to return! The property is perfectly located (right on the Sonoma Square) and the rooms are beautifuly furnished. I have attached a few photos the Whitby Room (since no photos are posted on their website). The attention to detail (such as a dozen roses in the room upon our arrival in celebration of my birthday as well as a bottle of wine and fruit plate) and level of service are unmatched. The best feature by far is the small and attentive staff. Gregg, Holly and Angel truly made us feel like royalty for the weekend... we'll see you all next year!

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank crzyred1
Reviewed 1 December 2004

After doing quite a bit of research to find a hotel in Napa I took a chance with the Ledson as it is right on the square in Sonoma - what a find! The hotel exceeded our expectations - beautifully furnished - luxurious, and very personal ( only 6 rooms). Service was excellent and they helped us arrange some tours and made restaurant reservations plus an excellent, unforgettable tasting at the Ledson winery. I would highly recommend the hotel and also their restaurant below - we tried another restaurant on the square - Cafe Le haye which was very disappointing.

12 Thank faye f
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2004

What a great experience! We had researched hotels in the Sonoma area and found the Ledson to be the best choice since it was right on the square. The staff was terrific and could not have been more helpful. Prior to our trip, they contacted us to see if we had any specific wineries we were interested in visiting and built an itinerary with arranged tours for each day of our stay. The life entertainment of piano music in the restaurant & bar made for a very enjoyable atmosphere and the food was terrific -- breakfast certainly wasn't your typical "continental-style" but rather a full meal!

Each of the six rooms are beautifully appointed and staying at the Ledson was one of the highlights of our trip to the wine country -- can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2004
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
El Pueblo Inn
El Pueblo Inn
#3 of 11 in Sonoma
Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn
Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen
Kenwood Inn and Spa, A Four Sisters Inn

Been to Ledson Hotel? Share your experiences!