“Lovely Dinner and Breakfast during hotel stay”

Saddles Steakhouse - MacArthur Place
Ranked #8 of 124 Restaurants in Sonoma
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 12/Broadway
Description: As Sonoma's premiere steakhouse, we specialize in artesian raised beef, USDA prime steaks, chops, and fresh seafood. Saddles martini bar offers over fourteen signature oversized martinis. Saddles wine list has earned the Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" the past two years. Saddles is located in our historic barn. Relax and enjoy comfortable leather sofas, original paintings and unique seating in authentic western saddles. Outdoor dining is also available on our beautiful veranda.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Arrived at the adjoining hotel early evening so had dinner here for the convenience. The food was delicious but service so-so. Took about 10 minutes for the waitress to arrive at our table for drink orders. She was a bit apologetic, but it really is not my problem and frankly I don't want to hear how busy someone is when I am out to a nice dinner. She did not get my drink order correct, but I did not complain as I was afraid it may delay things further. The food was quite good. Continental Breakfast was included with the hotel, I found it adequate. Next morning ordered a hot meal for additional charge was quite good. I would recommend if you are staying at the property, but with lots of great places to eat in Sonoma I would likely not return.

There are newer reviews for Saddles Steakhouse - MacArthur Place

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Saddles is a section of MacArthur Place's large dining facility called the "Barn" that becomes a steakhouse in the evening. As befits the structure and the Sonoma locale, the decor is very ranch house, with displays of saddles and cowboy boots decorating the entry way.

Our dinner had some pluses and minuses. Three of us had the prime rib special, advertised as coming with "loaded" baked potato plus a side order of creamed spinach, and one had the lamb chops with a side of sweet potato fries.

The prime rib was served exactly to the doneness requested, although it seemed a bit lacking in flavor. The baked potato was -- well, a baked potato. A generous serving of condiments accompanied the prime rib: lots of butter, crumbled bacon and horseradish sauce. The creamed spinach was odd, wilted whole leaves floating in a bath of thin, bland cream. The lamb chops and sweet potato fries were reported to be excellent.

Service was very proper and professional, but a bit rushed and cold -- not unfriendly, but perhaps trying too hard to be professional and not familiar.

All things considered, if in need of a "steakhouse fix" I would not put Saddles at the top of my list.

1  Thank Kai-Ala
Reviewed 18 April 2014

8 months new as residents of Sonoma, this has become one of our favorite places to go. Whether we go on the spur of the moment and split the Kobe beef burger or the huge bowl of mussels and clams in the bar or make reservations and go for a really good steak in the restaurant, we have found every main dish to be excellently prepared. Service has always been very good, though amaterurish at times (waitstaff can be unseasoned, occasionally, but they are attentive and do their best to make your experience a good one.) Even bar staff pays close attention and tries to remember regulars. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the product. Sides don't shine like the main event, but we are able to substitute simple sauteed spinach or a veg that we enjoy. Our best experiences are about a really good product, whether meat or seafood, prepared simply to make it shine - not fancy, over-prepared dishes that sublimate poorer ingredients. Restaurant also has a quaint, smallish quality that is very relaxing.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

came here during our vacation and loved every bite. service was perfect, not too sparse, not too annoying. only complaint was the room we were in was small and the people sitting near us were very loud to the point that we couldn't hear people sitting at our own table. food was well prepared and prices were steakhouse prices, what can i say...

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I wanted to take my husband out for a nice steak dinner and I found Saddles on the internet. I wish I would have read all the reviews first. Saddles restaurant hasn’t yet developed in all areas. The prices fit the food quality but surely not the quality of service.
Fortunately for Saddles they have an excellent chef that does a great job with the food presentation and taste. My husband enjoyed the hot wings so much he had two orders of them. As for dinner we had the Prime Rib and Salmon which were both very good. I must say we enjoyed the food.
The service we received at Saddles was horrible. We sat in the Veranda area so I don’t’ know if he had other tables on the other side of the restaurant but what I do know is that he only came by our table a few times. It was irritating when we needed something as simple as a napkin. We asked him once, had to track him down the second time, by the third and final time 10-15 minutes later the busboy brought us one. There were a few other times during dinner that we needed things and he was nowhere to be seen and the busboys were assisting other table around us. Only if the service was as good as the food, I think Saddles would be worth going to again but I won’t take my chances. When I spend $160.00 on a tab for two (not including tip) I expect good food, atmosphere, & most of all good SERVICE!!
Don’t gamble on your money like I did. Take my advice spend it on a nicer place then Saddles.