“Saddles”

Saddles Steakhouse - MacArthur Place
Ranked #8 of 124 Restaurants in Sonoma
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 12/Broadway
Description: As Sonoma's premiere steakhouse, we specialize in artesian raised beef, USDA prime steaks, chops, and fresh seafood. Saddles martini bar offers over fourteen signature oversized martinis. Saddles wine list has earned the Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" the past two years. Saddles is located in our historic barn. Relax and enjoy comfortable leather sofas, original paintings and unique seating in authentic western saddles. Outdoor dining is also available on our beautiful veranda.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had lunch at Saddles this weekend and it was great - reasonably priced considering the hotel, and food was perfect (and hot)! They deliver by the pool which is nice, and service was great. Will definitely return soon and stay over!

2  Thank DLPtraveler
There are newer reviews for Saddles Steakhouse - MacArthur Place

Reviewed 5 August 2014

While on our way to the Sonoma Fairmont we stopped off at Saddles to have dinner. We were both dressed in shorts, so I called to make sure that would be okay - it was. Our server was very friendly and attentive, atmosphere very nice, yet comfortable, and we were seated in a nice cozy table by the back wall and window. We loved the bread that they first brought out with some olive tapenade, and a few olives - just delicious. I had the filet mignon which I would highly recommend with the mushrooms. It was one of the best steaks I have ever had. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

2  Thank PinkBow
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I had dinner here on a recent short vacation to Sonoma. We had made reservations for 7:30 and arrived a 7:00 to have a cocktail in the lounge. I advised the hostess of our arrival. At 7:25, the hostess came over and advised us that they were just a little backed up and our table would be delayed. At 7:35 the hostess promptly reappeared and told us that our table was now ready. I thought that to be very classy for them to do that. Upon being seated at our table the service was superior to anything that we had expected. This is a really cozy, intimate restaurant, with good food, excellent service and reasonably priced for what you receive. It is a wonderful place for a date night with your wife or significant other. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The restaurant is just a couple of blocks off Sonoma Square, but you probably won't find it if you don't know its here. That said, if you want a good reliable steak, there's probably no better choice in Sonoma. The decor is "quirky", with saddles all over and interesting art placed about. Its an old barn though there's not much left of that.

I had the Prime New York Strip, and it was really wonderful. Extremely well seasoned and cooked perfectly.

The service was okay, not great. Which given the prices isn't great. And the wine list is pretty poor for a place in Sonoma. Really had to struggle to find anything less than $100 a bottle that we knew was good, and we're from here so we're pretty familiar with a LOT of local wineries.

Still and all, a great meal. We weren't in a hurry at all, so whatever lapses there were in service didn't bother us. We'll be back. A bit expensive to go here often though.

3  Thank Fanfoot
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently had a family birthday supper at Saddles. Only 2 of the guests had been to the restaurant before, and all will certainly return again. We started with light and crispy onion strings that were wonderful and followed with a special grilled peach salad that was so good that one of the guests had a grilled peach for desert.
Three of us ordered beef and to a person the meat was perfect. Two ordered fried chicken, and they spoke about the juiciness and tenderness of the poultry.
Then there was an assortment of desserts ordered, and each one got raves from the group. Throw in a fun wait staff ,which made the evening even more enjoyable. If you want some good homestyle cooking with some wonderful fine touches thrown in, then, Saddles is definitely where you should stop when visiting Sonoma.

1  Thank KVita