Carneros Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Carneros Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 124 Restaurants in Sonoma
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Leveroni/ Napa Rd Intersection
Description: Our award-winning Sonoma restaurant's menu features innovative, Mediterranean-influenced cuisine served in a casually elegant setting. Enjoy dishes prepared with local artisanal foods complemented by our sommelier’s wine list of over 400 bottles.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I enjoyed the Carneros Bistro for a few days of breakfast. Briefly, good place for kids, great menu and good food. Service is really inconsistent and quite lacking, but friendly and hopeful. Billing for items was different each day, which is bizarre when you're having a buffet every time ("all inclusive"). Not crowded but still hard to get basic service (offers from menu, drinks, refills, etc.) Delicious food with great selections of carefully made treats (eggs benedict, banana creme brule oatmeal, breakfast potatoes, yummy fruits, etc...) but with same prices at Ritz Carlton, Maui. It's a bit steep and a bit shaky, but we all enjoyed each breakfast and looked forward to the next. Also, all fussing aside...we'd go back. :)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I recently moved up here and wanted to celebrate the sale of our house. You pay for the quality of the cuisine, but it's worth every penny! Of note is the peach salad, which is the best salad I've ever had and I've eaten a *lot* of salads, and the lamb sirloin. Service was prompt and courteous. What is also nice is that they have suggested wine pairings for each appetizer/entree for the wine-impaired. Ambience is nice and quiet - you can hold a conversation without having to yell. If you're looking for a terrific meal or a place to celebrate a special occasion, the Carneros Bistro is it. Reservations can be made via OpenTable.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Loved the ambience, the food, but we shared everything and still it was a very pricey evening. Save it for a special occasion and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had lunch at the Bistro - one larger group there but otherwise about 1/2 empty. The food (a deliciously prepared very rare burger for me and swordfish tacos for my friend) was excellent. The wait staff was very attentive but it took 45 minutes to get our food! If you don't want to spend the afternoon at the restaurant, I would suggest not going. I cant imagine what the wait would have been had the restaurant been busy.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Having been lucky enough to meet Chris Sawyer through the Greystone CIA group, I found out he's the sommelier at the Carneros Bistro and Bar ... a place I never thought to try because it's part of the a Renaissance hotel and I just figured it would be tailored more as a chain restaurant ... wrong! It was not only fabulous food but they have a couple sets of "chef counter" seats, where you can watch the action. OMG. Not only was it fun, the head chef Andrew Wilson made it unforgettable. He was proud, not pompous and so welcoming I can't wait to go back. They have a great bar menu, nice lounge where you can order off the full menu plus a brick oven which is begging me to come back for a [pizza] pie. The wines are paired perfectly (Chris is amazing) and the food and wine portions are generous ... not one of those here's-a-swig-for-a-fortune. Apparently they have weekly tastings, happy hour ... as I said, I'll be back (again and again and again).