“Best way to experience wine country, hands down.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Sonoma County Wine Segway Tour
Ranked #9 of 39 Tours in Sonoma
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family run Segway Tour company. We opened in 2005 and have been providing the most unique tours in Sonoma. Our 3.5 hour tours provide riders with the perfect Sonoma experience. From historic Sonoma to wine tasting at the oldest winery in California to tasting handmade cheese at a family owned cheese factory, our tour leaves you having seen Sonoma the way a local would experience it.
San Jose, California
“Best way to experience wine country, hands down.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've done this particular tour twice now, and I'm looking for excuses to make a third trip. Hunt was our tour guide both times, and he's a blast. Super knowledgeable, patient with new Segwayers, and though he's done the tour probably a billion and a half times, he thoroughly enjoys what he does.

If you've never ridden a Segway before, fear not, it's easy. Whether you're in shape, out of shape, young, old, what have you, you can do this. And it's FUN.

You'll generally go to two out of three wineries they work with, and the Vella cheese factory. All three wineries (Ravenswood, Buena Vista, and Gundlach Bundschu) have a unique history and beautiful views. Your Segway has a bag attached for your belongings and any bottles of wine you'd like to purchase, and Hunt has extra storage space on his Segway as well.

I'd highly recommend checking this tour out. Yeah, there's the napa wine train and bus tours, but this is the most unique way to go, and the most fun.

Look for 'white lightning', the white segway :) She's a good old gal...

“Had a great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was a surprise trip/event for my girlfriend's birthday. We both are new to Segways also.
Everything turned out great. Hunt, our guide was informative, fun and though I'm sure he had done this tour a zillion times, seemed to be enjoying the day as well.

This trip is well worth the cost. Went by two Wineries and a Cheese Shop.I love cheese now. Anyway, with the tours, the stops, and the people we met, my girlfriend and I had a great time. I highly suggest this anyone looking for something new, different to try.

Hunt:
*informed us on a lot of history
*Told us the perfect spot to take pictures
*Help everyone feel really comfortable with ridding Segways.

Todd - Suisun City

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Best way to see the winery's. Awesome tour guide well worth the price. Spent 3 days in Napa and Sonoma out of all the tours this was hands down the best way to go.

Eaton Rapids, Michigan
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Terrific! Must Do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

First - if you have ever ridden a bike, skied, or rode a horse, you can do this. I'm 73 and had a terrific, safe experience.
The wine trolley tours are fine, but this adds a dimension and learning experience to a tour of Sonoma and the vineyards that you will not be able to experience any other way. I did both and had far more fun and learned more about Sonoma history and origin of the vineyards than the "sitting" tour. It was a BLAST and our tour guide, Hunt, was an incredible resource for information.
Definitly an experience that will top your visit to Sonoma.

Connecticut
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“A must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our first Segway experience but it won't be our last. My husband and I absolutely loved the feeling of zooming our way to the two wineries and cheese factory with Hunt leading the way. As others have stated, he is extremely knowledgeable, very willing to customize the tour to meet the group's desires, happy to take photos and full of great stories. He is friendly yet professional.
Don't hesitate. Definitely put this on your to-do in Sonoma list.