“AWESOME”

Wine Country Balloons
Ranked #21 of 42 Tours in Sonoma
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating more than 35 years with the highest 5 star rating, this FAA PUC safety certified balloon ride service provides a spectacular way to view Lush Vineyards Redwood forests Mountain Ranges the Russian River and the Pacific Coast. Enjoy a full made-to-order champagne brunch with the pilot after your mornings excursion. Weddings, Private flights for two or large groups can be accommodated. Hotel Packages. Sonoma and Napa California.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lake Elsinore, California
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“AWESOME”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

First off my Husband and I would like to thank Scott and crew for a great experience and flight. Scott has a great and fun commentary. He puts everyone at ease. The basket was beautiful and in excellent condition, the balloon was large. Our flight started out early 6:30 so if you can try to stay at a close by hotel the evening before, if not it was worthwhile getting up at four, most things are not.
The whole experience was fantastic from start to finish. We had a large group of 20. Lots of weight to lift. The basket was roomy enough for all, never felt crowded. We all could see over the edge to look down. The scenery was beautiful, blue pacific in the distance, apple orchards, vineyards, a few picturesque hot air balloons in the distance and of course our shadow.
Our landing was smooth enough.
After our flight we were shuttled back to our meeting spot for a delicious Champagne toast and breakfast.
We all lifted our glasses to our wonderful flight and awesome experience..

Visited October 2013

Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a day!!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was a belated birthday gift from my boyfriend and I couldn't have asked for more! Scott was so wonderful, informative and funny. Do this! Take a flight! Tell your friends! It's a great experience and I can't wait to do it again! Thank you!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nikolyngrant
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic Ballon Rides with Wine Country Balloons!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have nothing but accolades for Scott and his company, Wine Country Balloons. I invited my wife for a balloon ride for a “big” birthday in August, 2013, and Scott and team were great to work with to plan this surprise for her. His support staff back at the office was professional and handled the paper work expeditiously and without any issues. They even gave me color photos to include in her birthday card!

Scott is a likeable guy with a good sense of humor. He invites people to participate in rigging the balloon for departure, setting it up, rolling it out, lighting it, and even rolling it back up again. He gave us all the chance to dive in and both my wife and I did, it was fun! We now have a much better appreciation for these amazing aviation pioneers (both the balloons and their pilots!).

The cost was worth every penny! He returned calls promptly when I was “shopping around”, kept us advised the day before the event with weather updates, and sent us a final “we’re a go!” text the night before right when he said he would. This guy delivers on everything he said he would. While we were fogged-in at Santa Rosa that Sunday, he piled us all in a van and drove us to where he knew the weather would be sunny. We could have returned the next week but there were several people who were from out-of-state and he was committed to delivering for them. He did and we are appreciative, we had a great time!

As an added incentive, the company pays for your breakfast afterwards and you only have to pay the tip. This is a great bonus as we could re-live the experience with our fellow ballooners and invite others to join us for a post-ride celebration!

Thanks, Scott!
Patrick Shaughnessy

P.S: I just some very unfair, I feel, Yelp! reviews and there are a lot of things he can’t control, the weather, for example, the quality of the food at the restaurant, the fact that nearly every restaurant imposes an 18% tip on parties of 6 or more . . . but for what he controls and provides, hot air balloon rides, he more than delivers. I recommend him with neither hesitation nor reservation. Thank you again, Scott and team!

Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Bucket list - Not just for the 1%”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

For young & old alike; Great Father/Son or Mother/Daughter event, Bday, anniversary, honeymoon, etc. Today my 82 year-old mother enjoyed a hot air balloon flight that she would have never taken had it not been for the assurance of a quick-thinking pilot, Scott.

She is deathly afraid of heights, snakes, skiing, ... simply put, very conservative. When contacting Wine Country Balloons, my consultative interview consisted of an informed listener understanding his audience. After learning the flight is peaceful, if the rider kept eyes closed, take off would be known only if rider was keenly aware of depth perception as there was no resistance, and one could hold a matchstick's flame with the lack of wind experienced. Additionally, he'd flown 3 people 100 years of age over the course of a 30-year career, my mom hesitantly ended our discussion saying she'd think about it. On our way to Big Sur the next day, she called her best friend and told her she was going ballooning! I could hardly believe my ears! I called them, they emailed appropriate forms. Their forms were thorough and prepared the expectations in detail.

Weather & views were stunning! Staff friendly, courteous, team-oriented, positive & timely. The tour was topped off with sparkling wine at the local bfast cafe'. Cozy, caring & authentic way to experience sunny, beautifully rich & deliciously inviting for wine country enthusiasts or someone seeking something new and different on their bucket list.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank accuracy_counts
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Exciting Event”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Very nice and informative company. Crew very nice and helpful with taking photos. Event lasted well over an hour and ascended to over 4,800 ft with spectacular views. Breakfast and champagne was a nice addition.

Visited July 2013