“Awesome Experience”

Wine Country Balloons
Ranked #20 of 44 Tours in Sonoma
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating more than 35 years with the highest 5 star rating, this FAA PUC safety certified balloon ride service provides a spectacular way to view Lush Vineyards Redwood forests Mountain Ranges the Russian River and the Pacific Coast. Enjoy a full made-to-order champagne brunch with the pilot after your mornings excursion. Weddings, Private flights for two or large groups can be accommodated. Hotel Packages. Sonoma and Napa California.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our group of 12 joined 4 others along with our pilot, Scott. Didn't know they made baskets that could hold that many people!!
They picked us up from our hotel, stopped at starbucks for pitstop/wind/fog directional and to meet the other 4 riders, then headed to our departure location. Several of our group helped with the set up and take down of the the balloon. I'm the resident photographer so captured some interesting pictures of it all. This balloon and basket were massive! The basket they said weighs 2500 lbs! without us in it!
We had a low cloud day, so couldn't go terribly high and our visibility wasn't far off in the distance, but that meant we could see and wave at people on the ground, which was fun. We also were able to track the chase vehicles.
The ride was incredibly smooth...even with our rowdy group, the basket stayed steady (an important factor when you have people who get motion or air sick). Our pilot well experienced. He so looked the part of a balloon pilot! And he was full of information.
After the ride and take down, they took us to Kaffe Mocha & Grill for brunch and champagne toast.
The whole experience was fantastic. Very enjoyable.

1  Thank OklahomaMomOf3

Reviewed 6 March 2014

What a great birthday present on President's Day 2.17.14 to take a hot air balloon ride!
This was one experience I've waited to do my entire life, "riding the air waves" so worth it.

The balloon crew was knowledgeable, experienced, and professionally fun!!!
These people even hang out with "the Dave Matthews Band" on balloon rides, and we all felt comfortable and relaxed due to this very experienced crew.

Our adventure started in a field early about 7:30am. We drove up from the Bay area in about 50 minutes and met the balloon crew and went directly to the launch site. I got to experience first hand what it takes to set up a very large balloon with the sun coming up over the crest.

We all jumped in the basket and made off like the Wizard of Oz, floating on air, above the Napa Valley. I'm a photographer, so I took a million pictures of the scenery....you could see every thing from up there, yet you floated where the wind took you.

I recommend Wine Country Balloons to any one that is looking for a new adventure with vintage style. I especially liked how professional and experienced the crew was. They told us stories and histories of balloon travel which made the trip ever more special. Leader/Captain Scott was cool, calm and impressive with his handling of his team and balloon, so we are glad he guided our tour with his team! We look forward to next time!

Edie Ted and Sydney Sellman, San Francisco Bay Area

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was an amazing part of my birthday trip to Napa and Sonoma California. My husband planned for us to go up in a hot air balloon. I have always wanted to experience this at least once in my life. All the guys were wonderful taking us up in the balloon. The visibility was not good because of fog, so they had to drive us to an area that was safe for flying the balloon. The trip in the car was crazy with the roads so curvy and make sure you don't get car sick! We stopped several times to use the rest room and get something to eat if you were hungry. After we stopped to launch the balloon it was fun because the guys had us help with filling up the balloon with the hot air. It was nice to be a part of setting up and helping take down the balloon. After being up in the air it was one of the coolest feelings to be floating but never felt afraid of the height we were at. It was fun to see the other balloons in the distance. I took some awesome pictures. The guys all made it fun. Our captain Andre made our flight fun and safe. Thanks for a great birthday ride! I highly recommend them and worth every penny we spent.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

What a great way to see the Fall colors of Sonoma County vineyards! A peaceful morning aloft, watching the dogs and livestock wake up below. I asked Scott how long he had been doing this; he said he started with his father, at age 12. He certainly seemed to know what he was doing. I forget how many hours he said he had (terrible memory for numbers, sorry), but it was in the many many category. He explained to us how the atmosphere is layered, the physics of ballooning, and how the air may move in different directions at different layers. He and Mike (the pilot trainee) certainly did a good job of picking those currents out. They provided champagne afterward at a local restaurant, and we chatted over breakfast. Scott showed us some historical and current pictures of balloons on his tablet, and gave a short digest of the history of ballooning. Must-do experience!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I grew up in the town of Sonoma, and was back for my 30th year high school reunion. I had never taken a hot-air balloon ride, but had ridden in a chaser truck a few times as a kid, so this felt really special, that it was finally ME in the basket. Our family, my husband and I, and our kids, 10 and 13, loved every moment, and Scott was so funny and warm. He makes you feel the sense of connection and adventure immediately, and even teaches the technology along the way. It is fascinating in its simplicity and oh so beautiful. We were up and away early, but quickly, and it felt luxuriously long, and never a hint of vertigo (I have trouble coming over the top of Ferris wheels and looking down from cliffs, but this didn't bother me at all). The scenery was stunning, and it is all so peaceful, since you are one with the wind. The basket is roomy, comfortable and the after-brunch is lovely. We made friends with the others and with our lovely hosts. I highly recommend Wine Country Balloons. Worth every penny.