“Great Olive Oil and Beautiful Grounds”
Review of The Olive Press

Ranked #21 of 105 things to do in Sonoma
Orlando, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great Olive Oil and Beautiful Grounds”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband loves olive oil, so we knew The Olive Press would be on our list of places to visit during our recent trip to Sonoma/Napa. We had a blast trying all of the different olive oils, and had a very nice gentleman helping us and telling us all about the oils. There is no charge to try the oils, and the other half of the building has free wine tasting. We ended up joining the olive oil club, and will receive two bottles of the newest fresher olive oil every quarter for $45. We did not have a lot of time to spend at The Olive Press as we had another appointment, but certainly wished we had more time to spend there. The Olive Press will definitely be on our list the next time we travel to the area.

Visited June 2014

Jericho
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Neat Little Olive Oil Tasting”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Olive Press is located in the same building as the Jacuzzi Vineyards wine tasting room. A cute building. Cute little gift shop. Great oils & vinegars. Free shipping is offered on purchases greater than $75- we took advantage and did some early Xmas shopping and will have all of our goods delivered to our door (sure beats trying to lug it all across the country in a suitcase!).

Visited May 2014
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Like the oil, did not like the people or service”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I really like the oil and also their vinegars. I also bought great almonds from them, but I luckily did it at the napa valley oxbow market.

When I walked in, I saw a book in honey and at a quick glance mistakes it thinking they did honey tastings there, too. I was very rudely corrected by one of the sales people. After the rude interaction, I began walking Around. No one offered a tasting. So I walked up to the counter and realized it was the same olive oil I had already purchased.

As I went to leave, I finally had someone come up to me and ask if I wanted to taste. I declined and left.

1 Thank VLPSZ
Chennai
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Quite an experience”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The Olive press in Sanoma is a place worth a visit if you are a fan or connoisseur of olive oil.
The olive oil tasting is complementary. They have a wide variety of Olive oils ranging from the pure Extra Virgin Olive oils to a variety of flavour infused Oils from their own farms as well as some sourced from other farms. Some interesting ones we tasted were the spice infused and citrus infused Olive oils. They also sell some Olive oils from barrels which can be bought in bottles that are filled in our presence and corked but not sealed.
The Olive press also has a wine tasting section. The wines we tasted were ok . Not remarkable.
We had better wine tasting elsewhere.

Visited March 2014
Madison
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great fun for the designated driver”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Yes, I'm a fan of Jacuzzi wines, but having the olive oil tasting next door makes it really nice for the designated driver, too. The oils are so fun to taste, and the staff are quite friendly. Everyone wins.

Visited March 2014