“Nice home”

Ranked #8 of 11 Sonoma B&B and Inns
Brentwood, California
“Nice home”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed here in July and had a very nice time. The location was perfect, in the middle of town and the home was very nice. Our room was spacious, with a big king bed that was so comfortable. The staff was very pleasant and the breakfast was very good with everything home made.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Edward V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 days at the Inn during our California road trip. We were greeted by friendly staff that showed us around the inn when we arrived. There is a dining area with a kitchen on the ground flopr and guests are welcome to use the kitchen and refrigerator. Our room was on the second floor with a private bath. The room was cozy and clean and the bathroom was huge and spotless. Staff provided lot's of great tips for exploring the valleys and gave us complimentary tastings for several wineyards. Great breakfast served in the dining area each morning. Location is convenient just off Hwy 12. Nothing much to do by the inn, but the plaza is less than 5 min away in a taxi. Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Magnus C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We spent 4 days at Cinnamon Bear the other guests were fantastic they were friendly and chatty when you wanted to be. We all shared a glass of wine prior to dinner one night, along with some winery and dinner recommendations.
We stayed on the main floor in what we think is the owners suite, it had a queen sized bed and sitting room. This was more space than we needed other than when we came in from dinner late at night and didn't want to disturb other guests the sitting room was nice to have.
The good
The staff were great, the breakfasts were fantastic! Delicious food healthy perfect portions and great every morning. The breakfast area also gave you a chance to talk to other guests or keep to yourself.
The kitchen was open for our use of wine glasses and storing things for our daily picnics it was nice and comfy.
My Suggestions for the owners...
Coffee at the price we paid in the morning have decent coffee instead of folgers/kirkland brand would have been nice. I don't drink coffee but I heard the majority of guests comment on the coffee could use an upgrade.
I would have loved more tea selections but I brought my own so I was prepared.
Room- Most of the suggestions here are for the bathroom.
Toilet- it was on your to be fixed list, just fix it so I don't have to jiggle the tank several times a day to get it to fill. It isn't a big deal anyone with a home knows how to fix this temporarily. At 3 am I shouldn't have to play with the toilet to get it to fill up.
Towels- Please upgrade the towels again for what I paid I expect thick fluffy towels that are bigger than a postage stamp. I am not a size 2 but I am not a size 22 either. I am an average person and just a slightly bigger main towel would go a long way. Also keep an extra towel or two in the room it is always nice to have an extra towel for my hair.
Shower Head- change it out to a nice shower head it sprays everywhere but down. Spend 30-50 dollars per shower head and get something nice replace it once a year and it will make a world of difference to your guests.
Bed Coverlet there is a stain either flip it over or change it out if your can't remove a stain the last place I want to see one is on the bed coverlet.
With those words we enjoyed the stay the bed was comfortable, the furniture is all leather but then they have guests drinking and eating on it and leather wipes clean.
The staff make the stay here- go stay I am sure we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susieq321
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Our experience was so nice here! We only stayed one night, but it was lovely! Darla and Kristen were so sweet and welcoming, we felt right at home. The breakfast in the morning was GREAT - amazing pancakes! The room was very clean and cozy! We walked to the main town area and it was a little bit further than I thought it was going to be, but we didn't mind the walk at all. Very nice stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ear2006
Culver City, California, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2013

AMAZING experience. We went on a wine Tour and I think they said it best...Cinnamon Bear is one of the best values in all of Sonoma.

We stayed for 5 nights and were in a beautiful queen room on the ground floor with its own private entrance. The room was a cheery light yellow and the bed was very comfortable. There was also plenty of room for our luggage and lots of space in the bathroom. There was a maid service everyday, so our room stayed clean and welcoming every evening we got back.

The house itself is adorable and has a very welcoming sitting room as a well as a large, beautiful backyard complete with a jacuzzi (that was the only bummer with our stay...the jacuzzi was out of order!)

Angela and Darla were extremely welcoming and hospitable. Breakfast was delicious, just on the early side (8:30-9:30am). I don't eat red meat or pork and they were very accommodating to my diet by thoughtfully providing veggie sausage.

The location is also very good...walking distance to Sonoma Square (about a mile, but let's face it...when you are drinking and eating as much as you probably are on vacation, a little walk certainly does not hurt). It is also very close to Sonoma Market, Whole Foods and a 24-hour grocery store as well as right down the street from Blue Moon Saloon (a very fun local dive bar).

We loved our experience here and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Queen room on the ground floor is amazing...you get your own private entrance!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina D
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I agree completely with smee33. Our stay was okay, but given the high price we paid for the three nights I expected more. One weird issue was that when I went to find a B&B for our weekend, basically the whole town was booked, and there was only a queen size room at Cinnamon Bear - but during our whole stay, the Inn was practically empty. The location was fine, the breakfasts were fine, but the best part was Darla, the sweet innkeeper. She's knowledgeable and friendly. Our room was next to the guest computer and the kitchen, so we heard breakfast being made and guests from the dining room in the morning. The furniture was all so old and worn and didn't seem that clean to us. There was a air conditioning unit and a space heater in the small room which added to the feeling of being dated. We also would have appreciated more toiletries in the bathroom than one bar of soap and a shampoo only. Maybe the typical shower cap, conditioner and lotion. Each day when our bed was made, the cleaner happened to leave things in our room, first a cell phone, and then bathroom cleaner. Not a big deal, but not very professional either. Had we paid a more reasonable price, I would have been satisfied with the stay, but still would not return. We like to feel a little more pampered and like we're paying to stay somewhere nice, not just bumming a bed from a long-last relative, which is what this B&B felt like to me. Staying at grandma's house.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie B
NY
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Darla & Angela were very welcoming and hospitable.

They have a very nice B&B located about 1 mile from the center of Sonoma in a quiet location.

B&B is nicely furnished and quite comfortable.

They provide a great breakfast and make you feel very comfortable staying with them.

Would stay with them any time I return to Sonoma.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business