Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
marysville ohio
“nice hotel”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed here two nights. Nice room. Nice courtyard with pool, hot tub, steam room.
Washer and dryer available. Within walking distance from the square.
Room was big with fireplace and beds were comfy.
A Whole Foods is right across the road so you can get a nice dinner and eat out by the pool with a nice bottle of wine from any of the nearby wineries.
Really nice. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lindas286
AlexisSwan, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for posting your review and providing us your feedback. We take this information very seriously, and will use it to improve our services. I am delighted that hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the amenities that we offer. We are very blessed to have the Whole Foods across the street from us! A lot of our guests like to go there and grab some light bites; head back to the hotel and enjoy their lunch in our beautiful courtyard area. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy that.

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

707-938-9200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 June 2012

About 1 1/2 blocks off of the Sonoma Plaza, I've stayed several times at this hotel. It was first recommended to me friends who live in Sonoma. The hotel is and has been consistently "very good." In my mind, Sonoma is the destination and this hotel is a convenient place to sleep. When in Sonoma, I rarely spend a lot of time inside my hotel room; I visit friends, visit wineries, eat at restaurants, etc. I'd say it's the best Best Western hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank aginsf

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for posting your review and providing us your feedback. We take this information very seriously, and will use it to improve our services. I am delighted that hear that you have stayed with us several times and have enjoyed all of your stays with us. We very much appreciate our repeat guests and are extremely happy that you chose our hotel while visiting your friends who live in Sonoma.
Thank you for choosing to stay at our property. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon!

Anna Maria Island, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed in the back building where the suites were located, and they served the breakfast. Suite was a little old, but very spacious, clean and nicely appointed. Fantastic location near walking distance to the Sonoma Square. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed in the back building, i.e. their conference center. Nice quite location.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DreDre07
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We were in town for the Sonoma Historic Motorsports Fesival and I chose this hotel for the good reviews and convenient location. Check in went smoothly. I woke up the next morning and my allergies were worse then ever, despite being on antihistamines. The next night they were even worse, and when straightening out the comforter, I saw it had pulled out a ratty, foot-long, chewed-up stuffed duck. The room we were in was one of their pet rooms and I am not sure how thorough of a cleaning job was done if they missed that duck. My messed up sinuses would say not terribly thorough. I have stayed at other pet-friendly hotels and have never had this problem. There were also dark streaks on that carpet that looked like they needed a good shampooing.

Also, if you are going to charge over $300 a night with a two night minimum, please consider upgrading your sand paper, I mean toliet paper. I don't mind spending money on nice accommodations, but I left feeling pretty ripped off. My boyfriend was shocked at the price, because he thought I had spent <$200 a night after taxes. If you can get a room here for around $125, it would be a great place to stay, but I wouldn't want to spend more than they for this level of hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank hsryan
AlexisSwan, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2012

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for all guests in the future. We are a pet friendly hotel and we do allow pets in our rooms, with an additional fee per night. I do apologize that we had placed you in a room that previously had a pet in it, which caused you discomfort with your sinuses. I do understand that some guests are more sensitive to pet hair than others, we would have happily moved you to another room, had we been aware of the situation while you were staying with us; we do have rooms here that pets are not allowed in. I will also be forwarding your review to our housekeeping manager to address these issues with her housekeeping staff.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we may have another chance to provide you with a more a pleasurable experience.

If I can provide any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I will do my best to assist you.

Sacramento, Ca
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was hesitant to even stop and inquire about a room because it was a Best Western. However, most hotels were sold out and I didn't plan ahead. They had 1 room left and it was a jacuzzi suite. The rate was $170 per night. The suites are located in a separate building with a locked gate and a private outdoor area. The room was spacious and clean. The bedroom was separated from the living room and had a private balcony. I was truly surprised to have such a large room and very clean. This hotel is right on the corner from the main square.

Breakfast fell short. All carbs....no protein. But, there are plenty of places nearby to dine. Ate at the pizza place next door...The Red Grape (?) And the pizza was awesome. Super thin ny crust. Yumm!

Would absolutely stay here again...excellent bargain.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Nicole065
AlexisSwan, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this review, 5 June 2012

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for posting your review and providing us your feedback. We take this information very seriously, and will use it to improve our services. I am delighted that hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our Jacuzzi Suites have all been recently renovated, we have 7 suites in the back and each one has been “adopted” by one of the local wineries here in Sonoma. We are very excited and I am glad you got to be one of the first to experience it.

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We enjoyed our three day stay at the "Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley" very much. Breakfast is simple but good, the hotel is clean and the swimming pool area nice and relaxing. Free access to washing machine and dryer. The front desk is very helpful whenever you ask for recommendations what to see and do during your stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julia_Romeo
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Bike stop with Getaway Adventures is in a great location in town close to everything with a central Atrium area for groups or individuals with tables near the clean hot tub. Rooms spacious with a fire place and balcony with seating. Nice California setting. Staff helpful and pleasant but looked like they were more interested in leaving than working. Easy drive in ample parking.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank buffalo8750
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
El Pueblo Inn
Ledson Hotel
Ledson Hotel
#5 of 11 in Sonoma
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Been to Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center? Share your experiences!