“Great hotel and location with dogs in Sonoma”

Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great hotel for location and dog friendly. Nicely appointed rooms, ok public areas. Location is excellent and they are really doggy friendly. However, they are expensive, almost $500 incl all taxes, at that price if you do not have a dog then other options. Breakfast is dissapointing (for that money). But will go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear JetlaggedAgain3000,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and our rooms. We also would like to thank you for brining your furry friend with you, as we love to have pets on our property! I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast. We attempt to offer a large variety of options for a wide variety of tastes and I am sorry that you were disappointed. I am glad to hear that you will be back again and we look forward to offering you the best experience possible! Thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The room was well furnished. But, too much money was spent on useless bed decoration in upholstered pillows and matching cover. Bed had a throw, blanket and VG sheets. There was a TV, fireplace, and airconditioner.
Unfortunately, the complimentary breakfast was laid out along 2 walls in a conference room in a separate building from the motel rooms. The layout of the self-serve breakfast was like a kid's summer camp. Very basic, no signs, huge round tables. Get your own cutlery, paper plates etc., self-serve coffee and all beverages, cold cereal, baked goods, eggs, cheese, yogurt. No provision for celiac/gluten intolerant guests. Getting to the breakfast requires a long 1 block walk through a parking lot. An even longer walk after eating.
I suggest they spend money on interior cafe, like the Best Western Plus Albercorn in Vancouver, BC Canada.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear comparisondiva,
I am glad that you enjoyed some of our amenities, and I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with others. We try to make every aspect of our property high quality, from our rooms to our service. We will be reviewing your suggestions, and again I apologize for your experience. I am also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our continental breakfast. We strive to provide the best breakfast environment possible in our mission style conference center. We do have gluten free options available upon request and we are happy to provide this addition, as we understand the importance of accommodating our guests needs. I apologize that you were not made aware of this. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions for our property at kendall@sonomavalleyinn.com. Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The location for this hotel is optimal if you're staying in Sonoma. The room was great. We were traveling with 5 people and they were very accommodating with our requests. Get there early to find a good parking spot.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We were disappointed overall with this hotel because the experience could have been made so much better with a little effort. Our room was very spacious and superficially comfortable but there is a definite need for a bit of TLC and a pot of paint or two needed for this place. The complimentary breakfast was an insult - traipse across the car park to a help yourself buffet: make your own pancakes or waffles and then pretend you are staying in a tent or caravan and eat with plastic utensils and paper plates. A four star hotel - give me strength!! A complimentary breakfast - compliment certainly not taken! Complimentary bicycles would have been a better PR move.

It is not as if we paid $100 dollars or under for the dubious pleasure of this one-night stay either at which point I may have been a little less critical. I am prepared to outline that there were some good aspects to the stay. The location is fairly central to Sonoma, parking availability was good (and free!), rooms were spacious and clean, and the steam room and hot-tub were a nice little extra.

Sadly we would not stay here again and cannot recommend it to others based on our experiences. We stayed in both San Francisco and New York for cheaper and in hotels that took pride in service. We felt part of a conveyor belt - get them in, get the cash and get them out ready for the next lot - all very impersonal!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Doubleorquits
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Doubleorquits,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Honest reviews on our property and services are critical in our improvement as a hotel, so we thank you for yours. I am very sorry to hear the issues that you encountered during your stay. I apologize for the condition of your room. We are consistently upgrading our rooms throughout the year. I’d like to get some more information about your particular experience so if you could email me at: kendall@sonomavalleyinn.com. I am also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast and would like to address that with you as well.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of our property and the amenities that we offer. I look forward to hearing from you soon so we are able to address your particular issues and hopefully see you again. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This hotel is within walking distance of everything you would want to see in down town Sonoma. There were several great restaurants and many wineries have shops in town.
The hotel has a great pool and spa. Our room had a patio that opened into the central garden area and pool. Room was large and clean with frig and microwave. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Price was what I expected for the area and time of year. Will come back next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We upgraded to a suite at check in and wasn't disappointed. The suites are above the conference facilities but quiet as there were no functions while we were there. Suite was very spacious with a nice sitting area, balcony and huge bathroom with spa tub. Location is perfect as 2 minute walk to the square so wine tasting without needing to worry about driving. Lots of restaurants and wine tasting to keep you entertained. Whole foods just across the road from the restaurant in case you want to grab food to go with the wine you bought that day back at the hotel. Only downside was no microwave in the room

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Jakkster67,
Thank you very much for choosing the Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn for your getaway and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our suites. The Jacuzzi Suites are beautiful, spacious rooms with wonderful amenities. Our location is exceptional and our quaint town has a great deal to offer. I apologize that the suites do not offer a microwave however, the next time you stay with us ask about our new Family Rooms. If it is a microwave that you need, our Family rooms are equipped with one. Thank you again, and we hope you see you soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at Rm122 and found the room desperately need renovation although I noticed the bedroom appears to be renovated recently. I would appreciate new mattress. The hotel rooms were surrounding atrium with seating area, a small swimming pool, a hot spa and a steam room. They were nice and great feature. However, I found a downside: any conversation in the atrium will be amplified and can be heard from any room. I found a group of adults were having X-rated conversations by the pool and heard every single word. Since I had a young children, it was too much for us. On the positive side, they are located right across from a Wholefoods and also locate walking distance to the lovely Sonoma square. The front desk staff and breakfast attendants were friendly and professional. For family trips, I think I would look for other options.

Room Tip: Try the suit in the back if you are OK with walking a bit to the swimming pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear cosifan,
Thank you for your review. We renovate our rooms frequently and I am happy that you enjoyed the room. We also purchase new mattresses regularly so I do apologize for the inconvenience. We will address the condition of this particular mattress immediately, and thank you for this information.
I am also glad that you enjoyed our pool and garden area. I greatly apologize for the noise. We encourage our guests to call the front desk when there is noise in the garden area so we are able to prevent any further disturbances for all of our guests. I am very sorry that this happened. In the future please feel free to call us immediately. We definitely want to have a child friendly environment.
I am happy that our staff was friendly, and that our location worked well for you. We hope that in the future you will stay with us. Thank you again for your review.
Kendall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
El Pueblo Inn
Ledson Hotel
Ledson Hotel
#6 of 11 in Sonoma
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Been to Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center? Share your experiences!