I have to say I have never been more disappointed in a hotel than I was this place. I had traveled to Sonoma and had not yet booked my hotel. I was visiting with some friends at a local winery and they suggested I stay here as I normally stay at The Lodge but the price was elevated due to my last minute booking. We looked on line at the winery and rooms were available for $129 per night. The winery got busy so I decided to book later which I did on my iPhone. Unfortunately I accidentally booked for the wrong night which I caught when the confirmation email came over some 30 seconds later. I immediately called the 800 number and said I made the mistake. Their response....Sorry there is nothing that can be done. I asked for a supervisor explained my problem, same story... you made the mistake you are out of luck. She finally suggested that I stop by the hotel and see if they could help. I drove straight there. It has now been 15 minutes since I made my booking mistake.
I walk in the lobby and explained my problem. The young lady behind the desk says.... let me take a look. She says yes I see the mistake you are booked for tomorrow night not tonight. She said I can make that change for you....I'm thinking great....wrong! She says they are pretty booked up so the only rate she can give me is $269. Now...I was just on line at the winery some 2 hours before where the $129 rate was showing available. At this point I am completely at their mercy. Either get fleeced out of another $140 or throw away the $129.
I went ahead and took the beating of the $269. I get to the room to see the awesome particle board furniture and nest of a bed. Now I'm pissed off more than I already was.
In retrospect I should have spent the $229 to stay at The Lodge and not been abused. Lesson learned for me. But I can promise you I will never stay at this property or any other Best Western property again.
I believe they have missed out on understanding what it is like to be in the hospitality business. More focused on the hostage business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center! Hotels near Sonoma wineries are known for their superior location, but our Sonoma hotel goes above and beyond by providing the best customer service in town. Are you looking for hotels near wineries? Our Sonoma hotel is conveniently located near the best vineyards for endless wine tasting and exploration. Historical downtown Sonoma is a few minutes away, and were a popular choice for wedding destinations. When youre within walking distance to downtown Sonoma, the charm of the city is literally at your doorstep. Enjoy the best fine dining and shopping in town. Hotels in downtown Sonoma make traveling easy for guests. At our Sonoma hotel, you never have to go far for a great meal, wine or shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Hotel Sonoma
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn And Krug Event Center
- Best Western Sonoma
- Sonoma Valley Inn
- Sonoma Best Western