“Nice jacuzzi room with fireplace”

Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Nice large room with a fireplace and a jacuzzi. The jacuzzi is technically in the bathroom area but there are sliding panels that open to the bedroom to give you a nice view of the fireplace while in the jacuzzi. Small refrigerator and coffee maker as well as small little nook for things you picked up at the Whole Foods Market just across yhe street. We had a nicer hotel lined up in Napa bur easily could have continued our stay here. Our breakfast included eggs and sausage as well as the usual cereals, coffee and breads. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear canesfam1,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience while you were at our property. It sounds like you stayed in our beautiful Jacuzzi Suite. I am glad the layout of the rooms worked well for you and you were able to enjoy the Jacuzzi tub as well as the fireplace. The nook in the rooms is a great space to use for anything you may need.
I am glad that you enjoyed your complimentary breakfast. We try to provide a large variety of items for all guests.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you here again soon.
Kendall Comfort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Great hotel- the suites are amazing. Really large space, with fireplace and jacuzzi tubs. Hotel is very clean and staff are great. Walking distance to Sonoma square, great restaurants, and a nice hiking trail

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Shannon C,
Thank you for leaving a kind review. I am delighted to hear that you liked our rooms, staff and location. I hope that in the future, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed overnight since we were attending a work holiday party at Gloria Ferrer winery nearby and decided to make a small weekend get-away of it. Since we couldn't find a pet sitter during the holiday season we were happy to find a place that accepted our sweet, friendly dog. The room was comfortable and spacious, nicely decorated, and had a fireplace...although it was a spare the air day so we couldn't enjoy a cozy fire. We appreciated that there was a complimentary breakfast and that it included hot food like scrambled eggs and bacon in addition to the continental breakfast choices. The hotel is nicely located for walking around the town of Sonoma. Stores, the square, restaurants, cheese factories, and Sebastiani winery are all within walking distance. We like walking instead of driving whenever possible. Across the street is a very nice strip shopping center with a Whole Foods Market, Pharmacy, pizza parlor and many other stores. The only improvement I can think of is to provide different pillows - soft and not as thick - to meet my personal comfort needs.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear NorCalNative47,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am glad to hear that you brought your sweet dog with you on your weekend getaway. I am very happy to hear that you liked your room. I am sorry to hear that you were here during spare the air day. Unfortunately, we have no control of this and we sharing in your disappointment when these days are enforced.
I am very happy to hear that you liked our breakfast. We have recently made upgrades to our menu and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed it.
I am glad to hear that our location worked well for you. It is convenient and there is so much to do in our area.
I am sorry to hear that the pillows did not meet your comfort needs. We always encourage our guests to call the front desk and we are happy to find a pillow that will suit your needs. In the future, please do not hesitate to call us. Your comfort is our first priority.
Thank you again for leaving this wonderful review and we hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have to say I have never been more disappointed in a hotel than I was this place. I had traveled to Sonoma and had not yet booked my hotel. I was visiting with some friends at a local winery and they suggested I stay here as I normally stay at The Lodge but the price was elevated due to my last minute booking. We looked on line at the winery and rooms were available for $129 per night. The winery got busy so I decided to book later which I did on my iPhone. Unfortunately I accidentally booked for the wrong night which I caught when the confirmation email came over some 30 seconds later. I immediately called the 800 number and said I made the mistake. Their response....Sorry there is nothing that can be done. I asked for a supervisor explained my problem, same story... you made the mistake you are out of luck. She finally suggested that I stop by the hotel and see if they could help. I drove straight there. It has now been 15 minutes since I made my booking mistake. I walk in the lobby and explained my problem. The young lady behind the desk says.... let me take a look. She says yes I see the mistake you are booked for tomorrow night not tonight. She said I can make that change for you....I'm thinking great....wrong! She says they are pretty booked up so the only rate she can give me is $269. Now...I was just on line at the winery some 2 hours before where the $129 rate was showing available. At this point I am completely at their mercy. Either get fleeced out of another $140 or throw away the $129. I went ahead and took the beating of the $269. I get to the room to see the awesome particle board furniture and nest of a bed. Now I'm pissed off more than I already was. In retrospect I should have spent the $229 to stay at The Lodge and not been abused. Lesson learned for me. But I can promise you I will never stay at this property or any other Best Western property again. I believe they have missed out on understanding what it is like to be in the hospitality business. More focused on the hostage business.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is considered a Best Western Plus but we've stayed at better Best Western Plus hotels. For the area, it's inexpensive and maybe that's why it was so packed on a Sunday night! Though there is a pool, hot tub and steam room, we did not use them (it was in the low 20s at night!). The rooms were farily spacious and had "real" fireplaces but we weren't allowed to use ours due to "spare the air day." The heating system was not working correctly, the bathroom sink was slow draining and, for some inexplicable reason, there was not light outside our entrance way. The room had a min-fridge which was nice but no microwave. The complimentary breakfast is pretty typical for Best Westerns. The staff was friendly. Kleenix tissue paper very rough on the nose. No elevator so be sure to ask for the lower level if you have mobility problems. It's got a nice location -- only a five-minute walk to Sonoma Plaza and there is a shopping area right across the street that has a Whole Foods, CVS Pharmacy and several other stores.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear HerculesWendy,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. I am sorry to hear of your concerns about our property. We take pride in our Best Western Plus standards and want our guests to see this. I am sorry to hear that the weather was cold during your stay. I must agree that this cold period that we have had recently has not been enjoyable for us either. I am sorry to hear that you were visiting us on a “spare the air day” as well. “Spare the Air” days were established by the “Bay Area Air Quality Management District” and are required by law. Unfortunately, we have no control over “Spare the Air” days and the alert can be given with very little notice. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future so you are able to enjoy our fireplaces.
I am very sorry to hear that the heating system was not working correctly and the sink not draining correctly, and in the future I encourage you to notify the front desk of any problem like this. We would have sent over a maintenance person to address and fix these problems immediately, and if this is not possible, we would be happy to move you to a room that is in full working order. Again, I am sorry for the issues, and encourage you to contact a staff member immediately in the future.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location. It is convenient to be located just a block from the plaza with so many activities at your finger tips. Despite the issues that you experienced, I hope that you will consider staying at our property in the future as we would love to have you!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

One block from the central square of historic Sonoma. Allows you to stroll around the quaint shops, eateries and galleries then return and relax in front of your room's fireplace or soak in the hot tub. Wine tasting, chocolate and cheese tasting all within walking distance or a short drive to nearby wineries. If travelling by car-shop at the Boulangerie for fresh bread/pastries and the cheese shop on the square to make a picnic at one of the wineries. Great free breakfast, friendly staff, great value. The hotel provides a perfect location to explore the intimate little town of Sonoma.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear OttawaSunshinesseeker,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that your enjoyed your time in the plaza. The shopping, galleries, wine tasting and dining is both convenient and enjoyable, just minutes from our property. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your fireplace and the hot tub on our property. They are the perfect way to warm up during the winter months!
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We try to provide a huge selection of items that will cater to all of our guests.
I am so delighted to hear that my staff was friendly and I hope that we were able to help you with all of your needs.
I hope that you can return to the Sonoma Valley Inn again soon!
Kendall Comfort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
El Pueblo Inn
Ledson Hotel
#6 of 11 in Sonoma
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen

Been to Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center? Share your experiences!