“Would stay there again in a heartbeat!”

Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
New York
“Would stay there again in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed 26 August 2008

This was the nicest Best Western I've ever seen, so much so that I figured it must have been a more upscale hotel before it became a BW (it was not). Rooms were huge, clean, and ours had a fireplace. Most had terraces overlooking the very nicely landscaped pool and hottub area in the courtyard. Also a firepit and tables and chairs out there that some guests used for reading, enjoying a glass of wine, etc. Breakfast was your basic continental style, but you call the night before and they deliver to your room in the morning at no charge, which I thought was a nice touch.

My biggest concern in booking a room in wine country was being close enough to restaurants so I could enjoy my dinner and be able to walk home, and the BW is two short blocks from Sonoma's plaza, where there are a number of restaurants and bars. This was a perfect location and a great hotel! You can't beat it for about $140 a night. I did a search for "Best Western Coupons" on google and got a code for 20% off. Enjoy!

• Liked — Location, size of rooms, lush courtyard/ pool area
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Finnish first
boston
Reviewed 24 August 2008

While there is little for families in Wine Country, this hotel was a nice surprise. The overall feeling was kind of upscale downscale if that makes sense. In other words, they did their best to give a Best Western a spa vibe. The room was very nice, albeit tight for a family of 4. The pool was small, but adequate. The concierge was very limited in his knowledge of local activities for kids and made me feel like I was the only person who ever asked for this. I had to do my own digging. Luckily, I had done my Trip Advisor homework and knew of the Castello de Amorosa (excellent, by the way) and Safari West (also excellent.)

Stayed August 2008
DFW, TX
Reviewed 7 August 2008

After reading a lukewarm review in a Fodor's book, I was skeptical about staying here. That being the case, I was more than pleasantly surprised upon arrival.

First off, we got a free upgrade to a suite - that was wonderful. The delivered continental breakfast is great (plenty of choices), the pool area is relaxing (especially after a day of tasting), the rooms are clean (and the amenities are great), and the location is awesome (2 blocks from the plaza). Also, you can rent bicycles on site for a day of peddaling and tasting. Take all of this and add to it the fact that you pay an average rate, and you just cannot go wrong.

Our 16 year old son was traveling with us, and it was ideal for him also. We especially liked that we felt totally safe with him roaming around the hotel and area/square by himself. This was a big bonus.

We spent 14 days traveling OR/CA and this was my favorite of 7 different stays (including much more expensive places). We can't wait to go back to Sonoma, and I will definitely stay here when I do.

• Liked — Location and Pool
  • Disliked — No in-house bar
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank monkeyfinger
Taipei
Reviewed 30 July 2008

In July we did a three-week tour across Western US (Wyoming, Montana, Califoornia), and among the nine hotels we stayed in, the Sonoma Valley Inn was among the best. The room was very spacious for a family of four; it had all the amenities you need (fridge, coffee machine, etc.). The hotel had a nice courtyard in which we had breakfast and it is within a short walking distance from Sonoma plaza. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was a very good deal for a family of four.

• Liked — The room, the courtyard, the location
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular, maybe the breakfast was not that great
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed 10 July 2008

A friend recommended this hotel after hearing about its recent renovations. She couldn't have given me a better tip for helping me book an elegant, but budget-conscious hotel. Upon checking-in, we were escorted to a beautiful room with 2 queen beds. I had requested a King, informed the front desk, and was upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite because no King beds were available. For a budget hotel, it felt very close to staying at a luxury hotel. The landscaping is beautiful, it's in the heart of Sonoma, within walking distance to local restuarants, the Plaza, and the bike trail. Save your money for purchasing wines! I will definitely be back.

• Liked — Room Quality, Staff
  • Disliked — pool size
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
San Mateo, CA
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I stayed here with my little dog. It was the best. The front desk knew the name of my dog and greeted us every day. The courtyard was wonderful. We were able to get food at Whole Foods across the street and eat outside with the dog. Everything we wanted we got promptly. Very nice place expecially with a dog. There was even an area in the back with grass and poop bags.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Bay Area, California
Reviewed 16 June 2008

We've stayed at this hotel twice. It's certainly not fancy, but the inner courtyard/pool area is nice. Both times we've stayed in a ground floor room with direct access to that courtyard, which was much appreciated on our most recent stay during a heat wave. But the best part of the hotel is probably the location since it's within easy walking distance of downtown Sonoma's shops, restaurants, etc. We've also stayed at the nearby Inn at Sonoma-- a nicer hotel with a FAR better breakfast but no pool there.

• Liked — Location, pool
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
El Pueblo Inn
Ledson Hotel
Ledson Hotel
#5 of 11 in Sonoma
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Been to Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center? Share your experiences!