“Good place to stay in wine country”

Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We like the hot tub, pool, setting, and particularly location to Sonoma Square. The fireplace in the room needs to be cleaned to remove the odor. Other than that everything was a good value, including a complimentary full breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear PaulaS94556,
I am so glad that you enjoyed our property and our location to the Plaza. I am sorry to hear about your fireplace. We clean our fireplaces every day, as part of our daily cleaning checklist. We will give extra care to our fireplace in the coming days to assure this is not a problem in the future.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast as well. We try to offer many items on the menu to ensure our guests have an excellent selection.
I hope that you will give us another try and stay with us again soon.
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Kendall Comfort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have no issues with this hotel. The location is great. It is within walking distance to the Sonoma Square where we walked to wine tastings and to eat dinner. The breakfast was good. They changed the eggs and meat each day so it was different. We didn't use it, but the pool/hot tub area looked really nice. We had one of the few rooms without a balcony (Got a good deal!), but it was still great. You receive a log each day for your fireplace (room gets pretty hot!). Also they provide wine tasting coupons at the front desk. That was great! We were able to try different places around town and get a better deal (extra tastings, etc.). I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello KJ7713,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our property. Our location cannot be beat, just walking distance from the Plaza. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. Our scrambled eggs and breakfast meats are very tasty! We try to offer many menu items for our guests.
I am glad that you enjoyed your cozy fireplace. It is perfect to enjoy a glass of wine by the fire. I am so glad that you took advantage of the wine tasting coupons that we are able to offer at the front desk.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I loved this hotel. Everything was good. The room was large, the bed was VERY comfortable. The sink was outside the bathing area and had a working hair dryer. There was a mini-fridge we used and no annoying, tempting items to buy for ridiculous prices. The hot tub and out door pool were wonderful and the fire pits were inviting. VERY good location, two blocks from Sonoma Square, with shopping and dining. The employees were so friendly and helpful. Nothing bad to say. I usually have trouble sleeping on vacation but not here; no noise, comfy bed and dark room, together with the wine we had every night made me sleep like a baby (and not the kind of baby who wakes every 4 hours to cry)!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear dancing50,
I loved reading your review! Thank you for taking the time to give us such a glowing review. What you wrote makes me feel as though we are achieving the guest experience that we strive for. All of us here at Sonoma Valley Inn love our little town and feel so grateful to get to work here everyday. Please feel free to contact me directly ( Kendall@sonomavalleyinn.com) when you get ready to return to Sonoma as I would love to help make your reservations for your next wine country excursion!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Excellent place to stay in downtown Sonoma. Comfortable, clean, helpful staff. The arrangement we had included 2 wine tastings,a very good breakfast, and large pool and hottub. This hotel would be great for almost everyone, families, gatherings, singles.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear BostonBoboNehalem,
Thank you for your nice review. We appreciate the excellent recommendation. You must have stayed with us for one of our promotions. That’s great to hear that you enjoyed the amenities that were offered. Please consider staying with us again if you return to Sonoma.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I visited Sonoma in early February and stayed here for 2 nights. We were very happy with the quality of our room and the fireplace was an added bonus. The front desk staff were above average in friendliness and were helpful by answering our questions and suggesting additional wineries to visit

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JohnandSheri1989,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am always so pleased to hear that the staff is friendly, welcoming and helpful. We certainly hope that you will consider Sonoma Valley Inn again when you return to Sonoma.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed here to be close to the square. It was a easy walk to everything. The staff was very friendly and the room was good. We enjoyed the hot tub later that night and the fire pit was neat too. We definitely enjoyed our stay and would come back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Meagan D,
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and our location worked so well for you. I truly look forward to having you stay with us again and please feel free to ask for me directly when you call to make reservations.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

My wife adores the romance of leisurely wine tasting and long walks on the tree-lined streets of Sonoma Square, just 45 minutes away from bustling San Francisco, but miles away in your mind..
This property is super conveniently located right in the heart of charming Sonoma ...after a healthy day of exploring the canyon's delights, we relaxed in the great little courtyard and pool, sipping our days treasures!
A great value - to stay in paradise!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jsacch
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Jsacch,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Your review is beautiful and really captures the details of our little town. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our cute Plaza and our relaxing courtyard. It is the perfect place to unwind after a fun day exploring in the Valley! Thank you again for your review and I hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Kendall Comfort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
El Pueblo Inn
Ledson Hotel
#6 of 11 in Sonoma
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen

Been to Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center? Share your experiences!