“Perfect hotel and perfect location”

Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We just completed a 4 night stay at the Best Western. Although the hotel is a little dated, don't let that stop you from staying at the best place in Sonoma / Napa. This is one of the best hotel values in the area. The staff was 100% friendly, and the full breakfast in the morning was an added bonus. Spend the extra money for the fireplace and jacuzzi tub as your significant other will thank you later!

It is conveniently located directly across from a Whole Foods and CVS, and located about 2 blocks from Sonoma Square. We're already planning a trip back next year, and will be staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Blooz4u,
Thank you for your great review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that you plan to stay with us again. We really enjoy our guests and feel proud of our little town and it pleases me to hear that you felt welcomed by our staff. I thank you for choosing our hotel and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Please feel free to contact me directly when you decide to return to Sonoma Kendall@sonomavalleyinn.com.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The room was wonderful. The amenities such as the fireplace, the balcony, the courtyard all joined together to provide a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. We will definitely be sure to book again when headed back through. We were in Sonoma for fun but unfortunately I had some work to take care of before we could relax and the hotel was quiet and very conducive to working, and with the beautiful courtyard view waiting I made sure to finish up quickly so we could take in the sights.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Deniseeh2014,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased to hear our hotel worked so well for you and that you enjoyed the amenities. Sonoma is a lovely place to visit for business or pleasure. We very much look forward to having you as our guest again. Please feel free to ask for me directly when you make your reservations.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was the best hotel. It was so close to the square, downtown, and stores. The rooms were adorable and our balcony had a door to the pool, which made it sooo nice! The atmosphere is so inviting. The lobby was adorable and the employees were all so friendly. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The fire pit was an added plus. We loved this place all the way around.

Room Tip: I prefer first story so you have pool access.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Daila N,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and your room. Our beautiful Garden rooms on the first floor are the perfect location for enjoying our pool and garden area.
I am happy to hear that my staff was kind and friendly, as we want to provide an inviting environment for you. I am so glad that we succeeded.
I am delighted to hear that you loved our property and I hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

First of all, don't let their pictures of the nicely decorated rooms fool you on the Internet. They are outdated musty rooms for $235 a night. Our cable TV service went out at 9pm and it never came back on, I complained several times to the desk clerk, "sorry nothing we can do" she said, "I can offer $10 off your room". Oh by the way, she said that we could have a free movie as we were checking out.

The red carpet in our room was dirty, the room said No Smoking but smelled of musty old smoke, YIKES! We stayed at a resort hotel in Yountville the night before for $235, FIRST CLASS PLACE all the way, they even carried your bags to your room upstairs and gave you a free bottle of wine!

There is no elevator here for the elderly or young, so be prepared to lug all your luggage upstairs. You got my money this time, but never again, shame on you.

Dear MichaelM,
I am so sorry your experience and how it left you feeling about our hotel. I have looked at your reservation and I see that there was a $25 adjustment made. There was an equipment failure that was unfortunately out of our hands and could not be remedied until the next morning. Our best solution was to offer guests complimentary movies for that evening. I have made an additional $50 adjustment for the inconvenience. Again, I am very sorry for the situation. That is not something that happens often.
I would also like to let you know that we are in the process of replacing the carpets , sinks, vanities and light fixtures in our rooms. I do hope that you would consider us again should you return to Sonoma.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location; you can walk to the square and also walk across the street to whole foods when you can longer stomach the free breakfast. We had a ground floor room and easy access to the pool. I really liked the fire pit by the pool at night. However, the pool area was very small, cramped and the pool was filthy. The was barely any space to walk by the lounge chairs and the pool was filled with plant materials from the trees overhanging the pool. I like trees, but you should clean your pool more frequently if you have ample plants nearby. There was also an interesting mix of people who stayed at this hotel; including a room filled with eminem wannabes having a late night rap off and another overfilled room of men smoking weed and blasting rock music.The sound from these rooms was amplified from the hotel being so cramped. Additionally, all rooms were given a duraflame log to burn at night. The smell from these logs filled with propriety chemicals engulfed the entire pool area and also our room, it was awful. Switching to gas fireplaces might be a better alternative. Despite the prime location, I wouldn't stay here again; there are better places in Sonoma with more space that are quieter.

Room Tip: I believe they have suites breakfast area; it looks quieter over there..
1  Thank Surfergirl2020
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Surfergirl2020,
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am sorry to hear of the issues that occurred. Our property is a non smoking property and the guests that were smoking in or around their room were not allowed to do so. I always encourage our guests to call the Front Desk immediately if this is occurring on our property. This behavior, as well as disturbing noise will not be tolerated. Unfortunately, there are times when we are not informed of these situations, and we are not able to intervene.
I am very sorry that you felt that the pool was not well kept. As you mentioned, there are trees and foliage all over our garden area, and this does lead to the issue that you described. We will be paying closer attention and will be fixing the problem. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.
I hope that in the future, you will give us another try and please feel free to let our Front Desk know of any issues you may have, so that we are able to assist.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We like the hot tub, pool, setting, and particularly location to Sonoma Square. The fireplace in the room needs to be cleaned to remove the odor. Other than that everything was a good value, including a complimentary full breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear PaulaS94556,
I am so glad that you enjoyed our property and our location to the Plaza. I am sorry to hear about your fireplace. We clean our fireplaces every day, as part of our daily cleaning checklist. We will give extra care to our fireplace in the coming days to assure this is not a problem in the future.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast as well. We try to offer many items on the menu to ensure our guests have an excellent selection.
I hope that you will give us another try and stay with us again soon.
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have no issues with this hotel. The location is great. It is within walking distance to the Sonoma Square where we walked to wine tastings and to eat dinner. The breakfast was good. They changed the eggs and meat each day so it was different. We didn't use it, but the pool/hot tub area looked really nice. We had one of the few rooms without a balcony (Got a good deal!), but it was still great. You receive a log each day for your fireplace (room gets pretty hot!). Also they provide wine tasting coupons at the front desk. That was great! We were able to try different places around town and get a better deal (extra tastings, etc.). I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello KJ7713,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our property. Our location cannot be beat, just walking distance from the Plaza. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. Our scrambled eggs and breakfast meats are very tasty! We try to offer many menu items for our guests.
I am glad that you enjoyed your cozy fireplace. It is perfect to enjoy a glass of wine by the fire. I am so glad that you took advantage of the wine tasting coupons that we are able to offer at the front desk.
Thank you again for your review and I hope that you will stay with us again soon.