Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
US$406
US$351
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$281
TripAdvisor
El Pueblo Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
US$217
Swiss Hotel(Sonoma)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,261 results
All reviewswhole foodsgreat locationhot tubduraflame logsteam roomfire pitblack bear dinerfree breakfastwithin walking distanceseparate buildingbreakfast roomwine tastingfirst floorpool areawine countryyogurttwo blocks
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Spent two nights here as a base for wine touring, Very nice little Inn only 2 short blocks from the town square. Fireplace in room, very clean, breakfast delivered to room, quite basic but along the lines of what you receive at other similar properties. Really neat little courtyard with a pool and hottub. Very friendly, helpfull staff particularly the fellow at the front desk who usually is on the phone making reservations! Only drawback was that the Hottub was very dirty and the birds in the courtyard poop by the Hot tub and no one seems to clean it up! Overal a good stay Would reccomend it!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Redrock55
Reviewed 15 May 2009

We loved our one night stay; got a very large first floor room with fireplace, roomy bathroom and vanity, convenient location, and decent price for mid-week. The breakfast wasn't much, but it was included in price and was a decent snack. I loved that it had a fitness room and a laundry (no charge for 2 big washers and dryers---just buy the detergent) even tho' dryers were very slow to dry. Free wi-fi included. Nice little pool in courtyard. King bed was very comfy. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I spent one night here and paid, including tax, $255.17. I’ll start with the negatives and go from there. First, I have a pet peeve with hotels that charge extra for an in-room safe, especially when I didn’t use it. However, while this charge was broken out on my bill ($1.95/day) it was included in the total that was quoted to me when I reserved the room so no reason to complain.

The continental breakfast: I noticed that other reviewers loved it but I have to disagree, however that probably comes down to personal taste. There is an in-room coffee maker and frankly it made terrible coffee. The problem with the continental breakfast is that you have to decide what you want and when you want it the night before and call it in. And I’m just not someone who wants to eat a stone cold muffin in my room with bad coffee.

The room itself: for a moderate hotel it’s a good enough room. Good size. I had asked for a quiet room so ended up with an upstairs room and heard very little outside noise. I was up and going relatively early the next morning, good thing as a couple of motorcycles cranked up a little later and then someone’s car alarm went off for a couple of minutes. Not the hotel’s fault. I will say that the air conditioner is one of those window unit types that has been built into the wall; if you’re a light sleeper you’re going to hear the compressor cutting in and out all night long.

Those are the bad things, now the rest of the story. First, while I didn’t care for the continental breakfast, it was a quick five minute walk to the square and there are several places to choose from for breakfast. The key phrase here is: “five minute walk to the square”. The location is great, the square is great. We walked to breakfast, we walked to dinner, we walked around being tourists.

The people at the front desk couldn’t have been nicer. The only coupons we got were the ones printed on our room keys for a couple of the wineries but that wasn’t important. They did offer brochures and maps, which was helpful.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank travelman1370
Reviewed 13 April 2009

Stayed at this hotel after reading about it in Fun with Family in N CA book. We were impressed!! The room was large and comfortable. The fireplace was a nice touch. We had a room with a patio out to the beautiful court yard. My young kids and I had a great time in the beautiful gazebo hot tube. The pool was heated but not enough to get in. Complimentary breakfast delivered to the room was great with young kids. Location was great - just 2 blocks from the downtown square of Sonoma. Hotel was near Traintown which is why we went to Sonoma.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2009

We stayed at this hotel for the location near all the wineries and Napa Valley.
Our room was spacious and quiet, breakfast is served in your room which is great because we took time to plan our wineries visit in our pj's.
We had a great room with the courtyard/ pool area and it was quiet.

The front desk lady was very nice and helped us with our questions about the valley and gave us tips about getting around.
Its also located near the heart of Sonoma, so you can choose from great restaurant ( we ate at this Thai restaurant and it was amazing)
Since Sonoma is near Napa, the hotel is located near the main road so you can better acces all of your favorite wineries.

Since my husband is a chef, we also had to stop at Greystoke at the Culinary institute.
We visited the valley for two days and wish that the Canadian/ American customs would allow us to bring more wines because we made amazing discoveries.
We had a great time and we discovered soo much.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple