The BW Sonoma is a lovely small hotel in a perfect location near the town square and across the street from Whole Foods. The pool/hot tub area is beautiful with lush flowers and a fire pit burning in the evenings. The lobby had a constant supply of free Starbucks coffee to conteract the effects of wine tasting. The room was large with mission-style furniture, very nice bedding, and a large bathroom. It was reasonably clean, but there was some dust in out-of-the-way places, such as on the base of the floor lamp and behind the TV. On the downside, the room was noisy. As it was located near the lobby, we could hear the door slam every time a guest entered from the courtyard to the lobby early in the AM. Also, we could hear the upstairs guest walking heavily at 6 AM. (Note--I am a heavy sleeper, and it takes a lot of noise to disturb me. This is unusually loud for a hotel!) The continental breakfast was substantial enough to sustain us for the morning. I like the breakfast-in-bed system. However, they forgot us one morning, and I had to go to the lobby to inquire.
Overall, this BW was a good choice, and the location was perfect for wineries, shopping, and eating around Sonoma. My only major warning regards pricing. The rates on the general Best Western website, the Best Western Sonoma website, and the quotes they give over the phone may not match; be sure to check all for the best rate. I heard the employees quote rates over the phone that were nearly $200/night more than we paid, and the rooms appear basically the same, except some have a private balcony. Be sure to check all your resources for discounts, or you may end up paying way too much for the quality/service. For the amount we paid, I was very satisfied, and I would return to the BW Sonoma whenever I am in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center! Hotels near Sonoma wineries are known for their superior location, but our Sonoma hotel goes above and beyond by providing the best customer service in town. Are you looking for hotels near wineries? Our Sonoma hotel is conveniently located near the best vineyards for endless wine tasting and exploration. Historical downtown Sonoma is a few minutes away, and were a popular choice for wedding destinations. When youre within walking distance to downtown Sonoma, the charm of the city is literally at your doorstep. Enjoy the best fine dining and shopping in town. Hotels in downtown Sonoma make traveling easy for guests. At our Sonoma hotel, you never have to go far for a great meal, wine or shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn And Krug Event Center
- Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Hotel Sonoma
- Best Western Sonoma
- Sonoma Valley Inn
- Sonoma Best Western