1,304 results
All reviewswhole foodshot tubgreat locationduraflame logfire pitsteam roomfree breakfastblack bear dinerwithin walking distanceseparate buildingwine tastingbreakfast roompool areafirst floorwine countryyogurtroom was large
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent, competent staff, great breakfasts and walking distance to the Historic Sonoma Plaza and Mission. Famous wineries and tasting rooms near by. Variety of gourmet restaurants, hamburger cafe and Irish Pub.
Music at the Speak Easy down the alley on the square.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We stayed at this property in Nov. 2017. It is an aging 2-story 1960s-style motel with a great location. There is no elevator. The rooms were sparsely furnished, but clean and the bedding was comfortable. There was a fridge under the sink. Overall, not a good value for your lodging dollar.
My main reason for the poor overall rating was because of the poor customer service and staff attitude. We woke one morning at 7:00am to no hot water. We called the front desk and were informed that the maintenance crew did not come in until 8:00am. There was no "sorry for the inconvenience" and, in fact, the attitude was more "oh, not again." Upon checkout later that morning I mentioned the hot water issue. Once again there were no words of understanding and the staff simply stated that the boiler had gone out and the problem was now fixed. Still no "sorry for the inconvenience."

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Tim
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry to hear about the response offered to you by our front desk. While we did address the problem right away and get it solved that still does not justify the lack of empathy for the inconvenience. I did also want to let you know that we recently purchased all new furniture in the "Mission Style" theme of our hotel. Also in the early part of next year we will be installing an elevator for the convenience of our guests
I do sincerely apologize and hope you will consider staying with us again.
Best Regads
Kendall Comfort

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Located directly off the square, clean, well priced, friendly people, free breakfast, directly off the square, parking, directly off the square. Did i say directly off the square? Look no further you can taste wine all day and walk back! So GO! DJ

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Great location, walk everywhere, great facilities! Pool, hot tub & steam room an added bonus. Rooms large with a fireplace if needed. Grocery store across the street. Outside space very nice. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I live in Puerto Rico, an island in the Caribbean recently devastated by Hurricane Maria. My husband and I planned our first vacation with our son for November 2017 with many expectations for our trip. We included a visit to Sonoma Valley in our plan and make the travel arrangements several months before, including our stay in Best Western Sonoma Valley for Nov 20-22.

Because of the devastation of our island, and taking in consideration our recent economic situation, we decided to cancel our Sonoma visit. The island was so devastated that we have been without telecommunications after the hurricane. Even today, I have to move miles away from home in order to have access to internet or has an stable phone call.

For the aforementioned, I started calling the Best Western management as soon as I could to ask them for a "waiver" on their Cancellation Policy considering our difficult situation. Because the reservation was made through Booking, they required me to communicate directly with them and tell them to call the hotel. I communicated with Booking, who tried to call several times to talk to the manager (Jack) of the Best Western Sonoma Valley without success. Finally, after three weeks and many efforts, Booking was able to communicate with the manager, who declined to cancel and return our money.

I am impressed by the lack of consideration to us because of the crisis that my island is going through due to Hurricane Maria. I know that Sonoma Valley is also going through a difficult situation because of the fires and we feel very sorry for that, but we expected some consideration due to the devastation of Puerto Rico and the challenges it represents to us.

I can't believe that the hotel could not return our money, knowing we have been victims of a Category 4 Hurricane. I will never consider to stay in a Best Western again and I feel sorry for the lack of empathy that the management has expressed in our case.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
KendallC929, General Manager at Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Olga
All three of your reservations have been cancelled and refunded. Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to process. I would like to inform you that when the initial call came in to cancel the reservations we were not informed that you live in Puerto Rico. Had we known that we would have absolutely cancelled all 3 rooms with out any hesitation. We apologize for any misunderstanding and sincerely hope that should you choose to stay in Sonoma again, you would consider Sonoma Valley Inn.
Best Wishes to you and your family in this difficult time
Sincerely