“Nice breakfast stop!”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: If you've sought out a great latte, breakfast, lunch or been on the Historical Plaza, we hope you visited us at the Sunflower Caffe. Established in 2007, Set in California's Historic Landmark #501 "Salvador Vallejo's Home" the Sunflower Caffe is the perfect place to start the morning or enjoy lunch on our beautiful garden patio out back or at a table out front and watch the world go by. Using local purveyors, sustainable, organic ingredients whenever possible! Order up front at the counter from our friendly staff! We offer our guests WIFI. Try us at the tail end of our day at our Daily happy hour 3-4 p.M. Featuring many local wines. We look forward to serving you in our relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Such a cute shop in Sonoma plaza! I had the ham, egg and cheese croissant and it just melted in your mouth. My husband had the California breakfast sandwich, which he loved as well. It had some great, unique flavors like olive oil infused goat cheese- yum! A great place to grab breakfast before a day of wine tasting!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had 8 people in our group during their peak breakfast rush on a Saturday morning and they handled it beautifully. The outdoor seating is beautiful and comfortable and the food was absolutely delicious!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The bacon waffles were amazing, great combination of savoury and sweet! Also tried the sausage hash which was very tasty also.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

And the sunflower is that place in Sonoma. We stopped in on Sunday and it was packed so we decided to try again on Monday. It's an adorable restaurant. You place your order at the counter, find a table and the food is served to you. Everyone loved their food: open faced sandwich, Belgian buttermilk waffle with a side of pepper bacon, veggie omelet etc. We found a table on the patio and it was lovely. Service was great. The restaurant had a laid back, I am on vacation vibe and we loved it.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The food and drinks are excellent! After living in New Orleans I'm a huge foodie and this place didn't disappoint for our mothers day brunch. Nice variety - my adventurous food husband got to have his tastebuds delighted and my meat & potatoes father was able to get a simple eggs and bacon breakfast as well. For me though, there are 2 major downsides that are the reason I probably won't go back again. 1. It's a place your order and then find a seat joint - now I have no problem with this concept, but this cafe is so popular there's a line out the door and only a small garden area to accommodate. With so many people and so few places to sit available they need someone seating guests - instead the people in the back of the line send a person to go grab a table which is then occupied, but not being used for the next 20 minutes and the people who are just getting out of line and ready to eat now have no where to sit. 2. This is the really big problem to me - If you want a refill of your drink, or a second one - and the bellinis & cappuccinos are so good you'll want another one- you have to get back in the beginning of the line and wait another 30 minutes to order a second. The food runners can't get refills, there's no drink only line, the checkout people won't even let you pop in to get a second orange juice. Maybe I'm the only person that needs a refill or second cup of coffee during breakfast, but to have to wait in a 30minute line just to get another drink is absolutely absurd to me. My guess is they're trying to prevent people from staying at tables longer so they can get more customers in and out, but if I wanted fast food and a quick turn around time I'd go to McDonalds, for a sunday cafe in Sonoma, I don't think expecting to be able to get a second drink is asking that much.

1  Thank JGriffinger