“Quaint little hideaway”

Ranked #11 of 11 Sonoma B&B and Inns
South San Francisco, California
“Quaint little hideaway”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed twice at this hotel, as it is close to the racetrack. The office staff are very friendly and accommodating. Because we were towing a vehicle, parking was an important factor in choosing this hotel. There was ample parking and the staff said that if we needed to, we could park our truck and trailer in his gated area. We didn't have to do that, but the option was a plus. Nice little continental breakfast in the morning. Cute little garden if you just want to chill and sip on wine. I didn't find the traffic noise that loud - the next door occupants were louder.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
California
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We needed a place to stay for the races at the last minute and there they were for us. We were overcharged due to the busy weekend, but unfortunately its expected. The room was decent and clean. The linens and towels are in desperate need to be upgraded to thicker and nicer ones. No coffee maker in the room, but they do have continental breakfast. Its definitely more like a Motel stay and one that reminds you that are near truck stops. Noisy due to traffic. Very pleasant staff. Would stay again only in a pinch.

Room Tip: Try to possible get in the middle so that your not on the ends close to street traffic.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MoriahsTravel
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My family and I stayed at the Vineyard Inn for a weekend and were very impressed. The staff was very courteous and accommodating. After a long day touring the vineyards, it was great to sit around the fire pit and enjoy our wine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julierand
Discovery Bay, CA
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at the Vineyard Inn when we had an unexpected vehicle breakdown nearby. The staff was very helpful in accommodating while we sorted out our situation. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was more varied than I would have expected. The pool is very nice and the grounds and patio quite pretty.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris M
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights for a wedding and my back still hurts! The room was tiny! ( room 117) the bed was hard, the pillow was lumpy, the linens & towels are old and threadbare, the whole room was terrible. We almost drove back to back to the SF airport after the wedding to avoid sleeping there for another night. Only one bedside light worked and it was a CFL bulb that stuck up above the shade, totally tacky.
The people were very nice and the location is good but it needs a total makeover!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ellen S
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I had a horrible service experience just trying to book then cancel my reservation. After telling me there wouldn't be a cancellation fee, they then charged me a fee, and now won't refund the money. Even going so far as to say that I'm lucky they didn't charge me more. Wow. I'd hate to experience the service if I actually stayed there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank SDKWOK
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights for a wedding, booked because of proximity to the venue. Big mistake! Outlets didn't work, phone had no dial tone, ironing board locked in open position with nowhere to put it, internet passcodes not accurate, service was awful. The 'staff' left at 5 or 6 pm, with a sign on the door that says, "if you are locked out of your room, call this number...". The number goes straight to an answering machine. If I had been locked out, I would have had to sleep in the car! The hotel is on the corner of a busy intersection, not easy to access, and it feels like you are sleeping in the middle of a highway in rush hour unless you crank the AC to mask the noise. The gfi outlet in the bathroom that runs the haidryer didn't work either, and I had to decide between unplugging the light source and the tv in order to charge my laptop & cell. The man behind the desk offered no assistance when I told him (nicely!) about the trouble- he gave me a vacant look, shrugged and showed me how I couldn't possibly have a problem, because his desktop had Internet access.. Other hotel guests were in total agreement. It was a very expensive lesson indeed! Stay somewhere else in Sonoma, or risk a night of abject frustration and despair!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Deahnara R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn
Olea Hotel
Olea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Glen Ellen

Been to Vineyard Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!