“Mother's Day Weekend May 2013”
Review of The Peppery

The Peppery
Ranked #4 of 92 Restaurants in Sonora
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "Gar and Brill" is indeed how it is spelt. They don't seem to have their own website, but a number of sites list them, such as http://mymotherlode.com.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place was nice. Recommended by the motel. It was clean and the staff were friendly. The food was pretty darn good.We will definitely return.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is a good place to go on a budget and with kids/family. Food is ok, lots of calories in every dish and plenty of fried food. I liked the fish tacos with a side of the habanero salsa (HOT!)

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I had received a $35.00 gift certificate from the Hospital where I work. The certificate was about to expire. I called the restaurant to be sure the certificate was still accepted. The sweet voice on the phone was so gracious and said to "Come on in!" I took my guests and each one of us had a different menu choice. I ordered the French Dip sandwich which came with a mountain of the most delicious fries. The others ordered Shrimp and Pasta, and The California Burger. All of us were so full that we didn't have room for their delectable desserts, There restaurant has a cocktail lounge which is separated from the rest of the place by a half wall. There were several families and still the acoustics were very good for music to be heard. The restaurant is known for their garlic soup. burgers. steaks and more Great for folks going over the Sonora Pass. Black Oak Casino or Yosemite.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The Peppery Gar & Brill is the best place to eat in the County. There are daily specials and since the new owners took over, it has been phenominal. Seafood Pasta, Raspberry Chicken Salad and Mandarin Chicken dinner are my favorites.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Our 'waitress' was a girl that was out of school for vacation. She is a marvelous 'server in training'. We enjoyed the food before heading up the 'hill' to Sierra Rep Theater for a play.

Been to The Peppery? Share your experiences!