“Habanero Steak - Da Bomb”
Review of The Peppery

The Peppery
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Sonora
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "Gar and Brill" is indeed how it is spelt. They don't seem to have their own website, but a number of sites list them, such as http://mymotherlode.com.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my 2nd time at the Peppery, and both times it was great! They have an incredible varied menu and everything seems to be very good. I chose a rib eye over the New York strip and it was perfectly cooked. Be warned though, it does come with a warning that it is not for "whiners." The habanero/garlic topping is quite warm, but for those that like a bit of fire with their meal, it was quite satisfying. We also had a starter of the deep fried asparagus which was excellent. The service was excellent.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Visited the Peppery Bar & Grill for the first time yesterday. My husband and I took our friends with us. We all ordered a different dish, and each of us decided each was excellent. Our orders included the pasta primavera (BEST EVER!), slimmy ribeye steak (my husband went nuts over it), fish tacos and the pork ribs for our friends (they loved it). Service was great and our waitress was very friendly and efficient. We will most definitely be returning.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Peppery GAR and BRILL (not bar and grill) has a great menu featuring peppers of all kinds. Not every dish is hot so it's suitable for even those with sensitive mouths. Their Peppery soup made with red peppers and cream is one of my favorites, along with the signature pepper steak.
I don't drink but they have a get selection of beers on tap. There are large screens at the bar but it's not a sport bar vibe. Families are welcomed and the staff is always friendly.
This is definite hometown favorite.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Big portions, decent cooking, plenty of calories...

Fish tacos are my favorite thing there though the tri tip sandwiches are also very good. Kids love the pizza but not a fan.

You can have an ok wine by the glass but byob if u are having dinner.

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times before. It's always been good. But this time wife and I went on valentines day, it was awesome!!!! The best it's ever been. The staff was great the food was great. I think I had one if the best rib-eyes ever. Their fried asparagus app was amazing. Get the small order. It's huge. Just be prepared, most of their dishes are spicy. We live about 50 miles from here, but worth the drive. Go try it!!!

1  Thank jmo02