“A solid thai restaurant with stunning ambiance”

Sonora Thai Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Sonora
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stumbled across Sonora Thai wholly by accident while traveling, and we weren't disappointed. This is a gorgeous restaurant with vaulted, antique ceilings and tasteful decor, quick and pleasant service, and authentic pad thai with the ingredients -- not -- mixed in but placed in little mounds for you to mix yourself. This had mouthwatering results. It was absolutely a steal and well-worth the visit. It's not the very best Thai food that I've ever had, however, it's probably the best in two hundred miles of the area, and it certainly has a je ne sais quois from the beautiful environs that make this an excellent choice in Sonora.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Everything!...great fresh seafood, herbs and veggies. Complex flavors and savory soups. Lovely knowledgeable gentleman server, Pete was happy to make our times (twice in two days) memorable and tasty. We will be back often

Reviewed 8 April 2013

What a surprise to find a little of Thai in Sonora. We love Thai Cuisine and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and service they offered...

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I ate dinner at this restaurant. I found the prices to be quite pricey. And this was even more apparent after my entree was served. Portions are small. As a matter of fact, one hour after eating the entire entree (and rice), I was hungry. That hasn't happened with me before at other Thai restaurants. Taste of the food was good, but not phenomenal. Too heavy on sauce. Needless to say I was disappointed.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Really good food, great service and reasonable prices. Unpretentious place with Thai food that can certainly hold its own with many Thai places I like in San Francisco. Pleasant surprise in Sonora.