“Surprise for you downstairs”

Mi Pueblo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #18 of 92 Restaurants in Sonora
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 January 2014

On a resent trip to the gold country of the Sierra Nevada mountains my firmed and I stopped to eat a early lunch here. Having a long day ahead we opted to eat at 1100 and carry on with our planned activities of the day. We were the first to be seated as they just opened their doors. I chose a tostada and my friend the chile verde.
Most American versions of Mexican food cover a plate with tostada and iceberg lettuce, not here. My meal was petite version which I chose Pork Carnitas as my meat. and on the side I received a generous portion of rice and black beans.
Everything was freshly prepared and very tasty. There is a area of outside dining available which I bet is wonderful int he summer as a creek passes by the front door. I loved my food and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just returned from a day trip to Sonora, CA that included a stop at Mi Pueblo. I had read about this place on trip advisor and took the advice of several other contributors and sat on the patio that was well shaded and looked over a small creek. The outside temperature on main street was in the low 90's but the patio was easily in the mid 70's and was a wonderful place to eat. The food was outstanding beginning with the chips and salsa they brought. The chips were the normal corn tortilla chips but there were a couple of flour tortilla chips mixed into the basket ta added just a little something extra. I had a pork Tamale covered in red sauce and was not disappointed. This may become a regular stop when I am in the area.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I enjoyed a beef quesadilla and we shared fresh chips with delicious guacamole. I don't recall what my husband ordered, but he was happy with the soup. The beer tasted damn good after a long hot thirsty day!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stumbled upon this hidden restaurant down a set of stairs along S. Washington Street in Sonora. It was a hot day, so two frosty Coronas were just what the doctor ordered. We sat outside on a balcony overlooking a little stream with little fish and craw daddies. It was fun to crumble up tortilla chips for the hungry little guys. Oh, and the food...OF COURSE! Very good. I had Polo Mole with Verde Sauce and my husband a beef dish -- chili Colorado, I think. Both delicious and for me, more than I could eat. Great place.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Great small Mexican restaurant with excellent food, great fajitas and yummy fried ice cream!
Lovely little town!