“Great Weekend Getaway”
Review of Black Oak Casino

Black Oak Casino
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Sonora
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Here are the three things I love best about the Black Oak Casino: #1 ~ the friendly staff. Each person I met on my two-night stay went out of their way to say hello. #2 ~ Seven Sisters fine dining. Their Sunday brunch offers a variety of fresh, tempting foods. #3 ~ the slot machines. Can anyone say ka-ching? Great payout. Thanks Black Oak for a lovely weekend.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We live in Tuolumne and have visited the Casino at least two times per year since it opened. I give it an average rating based upon my visits to 3 other Indian casinos. I am not going to compare it to Vegas as that would not be fair.
The staff all seem to be friendly and knowledgeable. There is (are?) plenty of floor staff. The dealers/table monitors are helpful. I guess I just miss the old-fashioned dealing tables, roulette wheels. I don't enjoy playing at a computer table.
In terms of food, I keep waiting to be able to proudly take guests to the casino for a really enjoyable dinner. Don't believe any claims of "5-star" restaurants. Maybe 5-star for Sonora.
If you're in the area, drop by for some entertainment. Please drop a few bucks in the slots knowing that if you lose, the tribe is contributing to our community in very meaningful ways with contributions to the local library, road improvements, fire protection and much more. So your "lost" dollars are actually doing a lot of good, compared to your "lost" dollars in Vegas.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I'm not a big gambler but I visit Las Vegas fairly often and this casino would not be out of place there. There is a huge selection of slot machines, and I particularly appreciated the non-smoking area which seemed to be very popular - maybe it's a myth that most gamblers want to smoke. There is a modest table game area but it seemed to be limited to blackjack and poker - I didn't see a craps table. There are several nice restaurants and we had a very pleasant meal in the sports bar. Overall, certainly an upscale choice for gambling in the Mother Lode.

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We recently visited the Black Oak Casino to see a band that was playing in their show room. When we arrived we decided to use the valet parking. The valet was a very nice young man that ended up having to track us down becasue we accidently took the keys with us, lol. We got a table in the show room and the young man serving us was very attentive and we never had to look for him when we needed a drink. In fact, I can say everyone that worked there was very customer oriented and friendly. My only complaint would be that I did not win any money :-)
Also, there is a very cool bowling ally downstairs for those looking for non gambling fun.

2  Thank Tammy K
Reviewed 15 April 2014

they are so great people. they share they life and friends with all of us . Anne dose are tax's and she is the best we enjoy both of them and Black Oak and black Oak is a great place to see.. every one should go.........