“The best Japanese food in the county”
Review of Koto Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Koto Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Sonora, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Japanese food in the county”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Koto house sushi creations are some of the finest I've ever eaten. Real works of art with some fabulous sauces. They offer way more than the simple rolls. Try "Better Than Sex I or II" for a real treat. The older references below that say average food are out-dated. Try them again. Their work is just simply fine!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Carol G

Taipei
“Best sushi in town”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

If you are in the area and crave for sushi, I recommend Koto. You don't have many options to begin with but this place is better than other restaurants that serves sushi.

You will not be blown away by the food quality but it's good enough.

Reasonable price.

Service decent.

The owners are nice people. They are there probably everyday and enjoys getting to know the customers.

• Visited July 2014
Tuolumne
“If you live here or visit...”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Don't pass up the chance to eat here. Good, clean, real food. It's not cheap but not unwarranted high. The quality and calm environment will always be worth it. Amazing sushi prepared with care.

Visited July 2014
Woodland, Washington
“Something different”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have had sushi a few times and went here with my father-in-law as we rode through town for the night. At the recommendation of Rikki, our colorful and very helpful waitress, I tried the Pub Daddy. It was so good I ordered a second plate. Don't be afraid to ask questions. A very nice place that I will try again the next time I'm in town.

Sonora, California
“Always fresh, always delicious”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My partner and I have enjoyed sushi for over 30 years. I have been to S.F. to New York to L.A. My partner has been to Japan so we have a wide range of experiences with sushi. Even though the Koto sushi menu is limited, probably due to the location and the country-fied clientele, the sushi is always consistent and fresh. The sushi chef (Ogawa) is from Japan and is always careful in his preparation and presentation. Maybe that explains why some people are saying the wait is too long. But this is NOT fast food. Come and relax! Enjoy the sushi bar and talk to Ogawa and his assistants. BTW-I think Koto has the best sushi rice I have ever tasted.

• Visited May 2014