“Authentic HongKong-Cantonese”

Hong Kong Garden Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 90 Restaurants in Sonora
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Passing through Sonora on a busy Saturday after Thanksgiving, we were so hungry we gave this a try. It was somewhat after lunch hour so only a few parties were there. Wife and I each ordered a lunch-menu dish, asparagus and beef for her, lemon chicken for me. The dishes we ordered were very good, tasty, and I didn't suffer any MSG after-effects. The quantity was not enormous, but we each only ate half (the remainder becoming the basis for a tasty dinner at our timeshare). The friendly waitress said a relative said this place was for sale about 4 years ago, so the family bought it and moved from Hong Kong. So these people know what real Chinese food tastes like and based on our two American-oriented dishes, can serve tasty meals at very reasonable prices. We decided to push on to see Chinese Camp, a semi-ghost town. The waitress warned us there wasn't much to see - and she was right - but we had to see for ourselves. She gave the little girl of one family a special present - a take-out box filled with fortune cookies - and engaged her in a short, friendly conversation. It's a clean and pleasant place; we'd certainly return for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Best I have ever had!!! We love the family atmosphere and ambiance. Everyone is so nice and the service is great. But the FOOD!!! Omgoodness...it is so rich and full of flavor. My favorite sushi place where I can also get chow mein that is to die for and the best fried rice anywhere!! Been around and this is by far the best chinese food and sushi from LA to Tahoe to arkansas!!! Nothing bland about it!!!

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Order the Tai iced-tea! Very good. I enjoyed the sushi-rolls plus the veggie-tofu dish. Colorful, warm, and friendly family place. Love it.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

A complete menu...as good as L.A.'s China Town...and they also have a complete Japanese menu including sushi!
I had dinner there twice and took some friends the second time.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

This little place is quaint and good food to boot. The service is spot on enjoyed everything. We were given a free samples to try that was a surprise. Try this place I'm sure you like it.