My boyfriend and I have been coming here for four years and this place has consistently met our need in a motel. We just stayed here again last weekend with some friends. We first stumble upon this motel on our way to Bear Valley. We found that this place has a very reasonable price, their rooms are clean and in very good condition, the beds and pillows are comfortable, the sheets and towels are clean and has good quality. Their rooms are quiet too. The airconditioner/heater is not noisy. I remember staying at another Inn closer to Dodge Ridge in the past and it was horrible because the airconditioner/heater was so loud that we hardly slept and there was no free breakfast. Not at Aladdin. We slept really well during our stay. The only time we ever had a problem at Aladdin is when we had Big Foot staying above us last weekend. The guests above us woke us up at 4:30 am. We heard loud stomping. We called the front desk and the receptionist was very attentive and took care of the problem immediately. The free continental breakfast is very good too. They have bagels, waffles, fresh fruits, cereal, etc. Breakfast start at 5am to 10am. It's nice when you;re in a hurry in the morning to get your skiing started. I'm really pleased with this place and I highly recommend it.
Because of the friendly evening staff of Aladdin, we discovered Dodge Ridge ski resort and Black Oak Casino. We do not gamble but the casino has a good buffet restaurant, an upscale restaurant on the third floor and also a bowling alley and sports bar on the first floor. It's always fun visiting the only game in town after skiing. Dodge Ridge is a middle ground kind of ski resort. It's not small like Badger Pass but it's no Heavenly or Squaw. It's decent, it has some pretty good elevation, it's cheaper and it's a closer driving distance from the Bay Area than going to Tahoe. The staff are very fun and friendly too.
Tip: Aladdin Motor Inn gives discounts to guests that are staying to go to Dodge Ridge
Another Tip: Buy your ski lift tickets at Lucky's store, they're cheaper
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy clean and comfortable rooms at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aladdin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aladdin Motor Hotel Sonora
- Aladdin Hotel Sonora
- Aladdin Inn Sonora, California