“Pleasantly surprised...”
Review of Aladdin Inn

Aladdin Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Sonora
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Vagabond while traveling to Yosemite. Our stay here was fantastic! The pool was wonderful after traveling all day, the room was clean, and the staff very accommodating. The beds were very comfortable. Although I'll admit I was slightly disappointed in the selection of healthier options, breakfast was very adequate. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else if we are traveling in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 4 June 2013

DH and I spent two nights here recently, one in each direction of our trip to Mammoth Lakes. We were in the same room, 227. It is on the back side of the hotel. Really liked that it had a frig and mw, and was near the stairs. Check in and out were easy and quick. The breakfast was nothing special but hit the spot.

Took awhile for the AC to crank up and while it helped create white noise, alas it didn't drown out the harleys on our first night several doors away who thought we all wanted to hear them, or the shower next door.

We would stay here again. It is well priced, clean and in the right spot. I agree with a previous reviewer in that the hotel isn't anywhere near downtown. After seeing how crazy downtown was after visiting Columbia SHP, we opted to get food at the Save Mart and cook in both nights.

The bed was good and the tv had lots of stations to choose from.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. Stay on the first floor if you can't carry luggage while climbing stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This place was clean, the staff was friendly and they have a hot tub!
The price was right and we were only staying one night in Sonora. I would stay here again if I had anything to do in Sonora.
We asked the woman at the front desk what we should do while in town and she gave us a great list of places to eat and weird bars to check out. They also have breakfast in the morning. It was perfect.
While driving to the place, I was a little suspect. It seems to be kind off the main drag in town, but it ended up being ok. The layout of Sonora is a little weird. It's not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This place has a great customer service. The clerks -Donna & Mona- are so friendly, they do make me feel special. The rooms are comfortable and clean restrooms. I'll definitely stay @ Aladdin's on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Had been to Sonora previously and noticed the Aladdin and we vowed to stay here on our next foray to this area. We came in Feb 2013 and stayed three days. Excellent rate offered during our stay and we weren't disappointed.
Room was large, and clean. Bed/pillows comfortable. Bathroom was clean and spacious, although we had to ask for additional towels as room was only outfitted for towels for one when we arrived.
Check in was fast and easy, as was check out. Daily room service was good and prompt, so be sure to use your "do not disturb" placard if you don't want that early morning rap on your door.
We used the heater occasionally while we were here and it worked fine, not overly loud, but it drown out any outside noise there might have been.
We never were able to partake of the offered free breakfast as we had plans elsewhere that provided it so cannot comment on it.
Have no complaints about this place and would stay here again as its clean, priced right, and a value for your buck IMO. However, it is a couple of miles from downtown Sonora so you won't be able to walk downtown on a leisurely stroll to visit or dine in town, but it is a nice drive and takes a few minutes to downtown so no harm done. I would recommend this place when in the Sonora Gold Country.

Room Tip: for the quieter locations I would recommend requesting a room on the backside of the property, away...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My boyfriend and I have been coming here for four years and this place has consistently met our need in a motel. We just stayed here again last weekend with some friends. We first stumble upon this motel on our way to Bear Valley. We found that this place has a very reasonable price, their rooms are clean and in very good condition, the beds and pillows are comfortable, the sheets and towels are clean and has good quality. Their rooms are quiet too. The airconditioner/heater is not noisy. I remember staying at another Inn closer to Dodge Ridge in the past and it was horrible because the airconditioner/heater was so loud that we hardly slept and there was no free breakfast. Not at Aladdin. We slept really well during our stay. The only time we ever had a problem at Aladdin is when we had Big Foot staying above us last weekend. The guests above us woke us up at 4:30 am. We heard loud stomping. We called the front desk and the receptionist was very attentive and took care of the problem immediately. The free continental breakfast is very good too. They have bagels, waffles, fresh fruits, cereal, etc. Breakfast start at 5am to 10am. It's nice when you;re in a hurry in the morning to get your skiing started. I'm really pleased with this place and I highly recommend it.

Because of the friendly evening staff of Aladdin, we discovered Dodge Ridge ski resort and Black Oak Casino. We do not gamble but the casino has a good buffet restaurant, an upscale restaurant on the third floor and also a bowling alley and sports bar on the first floor. It's always fun visiting the only game in town after skiing. Dodge Ridge is a middle ground kind of ski resort. It's not small like Badger Pass but it's no Heavenly or Squaw. It's decent, it has some pretty good elevation, it's cheaper and it's a closer driving distance from the Bay Area than going to Tahoe. The staff are very fun and friendly too.

Tip: Aladdin Motor Inn gives discounts to guests that are staying to go to Dodge Ridge
Another Tip: Buy your ski lift tickets at Lucky's store, they're cheaper

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ToniLuvsScuba
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I had never stayed here before, but I will definitely be back. They accommodated a senior by giving me a first floor room, and it was very quiet and nice. Frig and microwave, dinette set and plenty of closed space.

Room Tip: The pine tree restaurant across the street has a good salad bar and the hotel has a great continenta...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SharonReno
Aladdin_Inn, Owner at Aladdin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate how caring my employees are and I'm happy to hear you think so as well. Hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonora
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
#3 of 7 in Groveland
Sonora Inn
Sonora Inn
#4 of 8 in Sonora

Been to Aladdin Inn? Share your experiences!