Bradford Place Inn and Gardens
US$111
US$102
US$68
US$65
Gunn House Hotel(Sonora)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$87
Orbitz.com
Miner's Motel(Jamestown)
US$75
US$76
US$69
All reviewsb bbradford suitesmall town atmosphereown private patioeggs benedict with smoked salmonthought of everythingac unitgreat hostsbreakfast was deliciouseach morningthe main housethe bed was extremely comfortableplace to staygold countrywould definitely stay here againfresh fruityosemite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This inn was immaculate and well run on our previous trips when it was managed by the former owner. From the moment we walked in the door this time it was clear that it is now a differently run inn. Our room was not clean. The bedspread was dirty. The carpet was dirty. The chairs had crumbs on them. Our room had a patio that was always immaculate in the past. This time is looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. There was a lot of disrepair--rotting wood, leaves piled, broken handles. The owner expects you to love his dogs as much as he does he but does not prevent them from wandering uninvited into your room. Breakfast, as a previous reviewer said, is not the same as it was with the previous owner. When asked if we wanted anything else with breakfast, we asked for ketchup for the potatoes and were told to taste them first and that he was a ketchup snob. He walked off, did not return with ketchup, and I chose not to eat the potatoes rather than have to return to the ketchup issue again. When we made the reservation online, days went by and I hadn't received a confirmation. I finally called and was told the computer had been down and he confirmed by phone. While we were staying at the inn we were told again that he couldn't do anything on the computer because it wasn't working. The owner seems to have an attitude of disinterest in the property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Eli S, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I'm truly sorry that you felt this way on your visit to the Bradford Place Inn.

While it's true that the last owner did not have dogs and I have two friendly dogs, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone as they are listed on the website as well as the confirmation email which you received. I do not expect anyone to love my dogs. I think they may, but when I suspect that a guest is not a fan, I call the dogs away from them.

It's obvious that your perception of the facilities was not stellar, but I do wish to address a couple of your items as I believe them to be misleading. The patio connected to the room has a tree which as trees do, will drop leaves. I sweep the patio regularly, especially make a point of sweeping when guests are arriving, and again the morning when I am serving breakfast to guests in the patio. Yet, still there may be a few leaves on the patio after this.

The garden...well, if you are unfamiliar with it, California is currently in a drought. We have water rationing and the lawn is brown due to this. I'm sorry, but that's currently the situation. It's not a personal affront to you, but rather trying to be a good citizen.

I'm completely aghast that you're even complaining about my computer issues. I sent you a confirmation email which was evidently delivered to your email, so the only issue which I can see you were concerned with is that I was GIVING you a complimentary dessert at a local restaurant but I couldn't print the voucher as my computer wasn't working one day when you were here. Instead, I made arrangements with the restaurant to give you a business card that you could present to them. This you didn't request or pay for, rather was a gift to you.

Cleanliness? To ensure that the rooms are clean, I inspect them with a black light to find any traces which may have been missed. This includes dust and also can find any other matter. I don't know of anyone else using this, but I do this to ensure that it is clean for my guests.

Again, I'm sorry that your stay wasn't to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very comfortable old inn with interesting antiques and player pianos that the owner will be happy to demonstrate for you. Breakfast was awesome!! Be careful - the owner can be too friendly and not leave you to yourselves.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Squirrelly975

Thank you for your kind words and nice review of my inn.

I try to make you feel at home when you're visiting and am especially proud of my collections, and also of my delicious breakfasts.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at this lovely b & b and were very pleased with our visit. The host did everything in his power to be sure we had what we needed - even had to run to the store to get milk for us in the middle of making breakfast ! We enjoyed the Yosemite suite, especially the private patio where we had our breakfast each morning. Lots of extras like breakfast in your room, cable tv, delicious food and good conversation too! We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Eli S, Manager at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

I'm the luckiest guy as I get to help people have a great time for my job!

thank you for your kind comments and your stay! We always do our best to make sure everything is perfect and appreciate your noticing!

I'm glad you enjoyed staying in our Yosemite suite--with the magical patio!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were searching for a relaxing get away to celebrate our anniversary. We were so pleased to find the Bradford Inn in Sonora. Our rooms was very nice and we loved the extras like free movies on xfinity, comfy robes and towels, delish breakfast etc. We enjoyed playing board games with Eli the Innkeeper. We loved how the Inn is a short walk to the Main Street, so shopping and enjoying the museums are right there. We had a very nice time!

• Stayed: April 2014
Eli S, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hello Again Andrea,

thank you for your visit and review. (I also enjoyed playing the board games together with you and your husband!)

we like to pamper our guests whether it's our delicious breakfasts, the luxurious Frette towels and robes, or simply attention to details whenever we can help.

I'm glad that we could help you to enjoy your anniversary. It's our chief pleasure here.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

From the tailored rooms, quietly musical surrounding of the estate, to the host's Eli tailoring of a home-cooked skillet breakfast we loved each hour spent in Sonora and day-tripping to Yosemite by virtue of this haven in the foothills. The building has a natural splendor outside, and we found our room, The Prospector's, such a cozy delight. Eli was nothing short of a perfect host, appearing just before we knew we needed this or that, helpful with local insights you just won't find on Yelp or the internets, and more. A treasure to stay there.

Room Tip: we got to see most of the rooms, and each truly has their own qualities over the others. We loved Prospector's for its feeling of privacy and remove within the house, it's outdoor patio and it's first floor access. Each room looked as if we would be touting them if we stayed there.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Zarra for your kind review--the first review of our new Prospector Room!

I'm always glad to help guests enjoy their stay and enjoy helping with suggestions on what to do, how to get there and what to see, where to eat, etc.

I'm also glad that I'm able to tailor make our meals for our guests--serving what, when and where you like. (I also do my best to meet any dietary requirements such as vegetarian, low carb, etc).

regards,