“Cozy, Comfy, & friendly!”

Bradford Place Inn and Gardens
Ranked #3 of 10 Sonora B&B and Inns
Pasadena, CA
“Cozy, Comfy, & friendly!”
Reviewed 26 February 2011

This centrally located yet quietly-situated B&B is great! Dottie was happy to accommodate our unexpected arrival, ensuring that we enjoyed our spur-of-the-moment trip stop in Sonora. Everything was clean and prim, yet warm and homey. And the breakfast was superb! We hope the next owner is at least half as conscientious, it'll remain a great B&B!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
Hello!

And thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Bradford Place. We always appreciate it when guests take it upon themselves to make an on-line post.

Our primary goal is to ensure that each and every guest who comes through our doors has a fabulous experience, more than they could have ever expected! Thank you for validating our sincere commitment to our guests in providing a memorable stay.

Hurry back, soon! And since you mentioned in your post that new owners are in the works, who knows, maybe I will still be here on your next visit -- as an employee of Bradford Place after I formally retire from ownership! I simply LOVE innkeeping!

Dottie, Resident Owner
BRADFORD PLACE - SONORA
Where Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Williamsville, New York
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I stayed at the Bradford for 1 night on my way to Yosemite. Dottie goes out of her way to be helpful and kind. She also makes an exceptional breakfast, one of the best I have ever had. The Inn is just 1 block off of Main Street so the walking is fun and there is a lot going on in Sonora. It's a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank questioneverything01
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, 17 February 2011
Hello!

Thanks so much for taking it upon yourself to make the time to write about your stay at Bradford Place. You mentioned in your review that you stayed here recently on your way to Yosemite.

We remember you! I belielve you stayed in our smallest room, the Tioga. Yep, a bit on the small size so the ' value' and 'rooms' criteria TA rating from a hotel perspective might not measure up to the fullest. But the Tioga has ALWAYS been my favorite room here -- and I am the owner!

Of course, the bathroom in all the rooms here, including Tioga is en suite. I have looked into getting new faucets in the bathroom sink and also in the bath tub but it is not the easiest thing to find. I know it would sound like a simple project, however, the sink, tub and toilet are in excellent condition though not new. Your review has prompted me to start my search again for new faucets. I think it would make a better presentation. Incidentally, I have had many guests plead with me to keep the original 'art deco' green American Standard bathroom fixtures in your room. So I'll comply!

I'm glad you enjoyed the cooked-to-order breakfast that is always a complimentary feature at Bradford Place.

Thanks again for your comments! Hope you can make it out to California again and stay here!

Dottie, Resident Owner
Bradford Place - Sonora
Where Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success
ca
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Although I sent a thank you note to the innkeeper shortly after my stay, I'm overdue in posting a recommendation to this establishment. It's a truly charming B&B, with an even more charming host, and the breakfast is wonderful. Dottie has attended to every detail....and then some. Slept like a baby. Perfect location in town....easy walking access to historical sites, several great choices for dinner on the main street + some interesting shops as well. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, 27 October 2010
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your heart-felt and unsolicited post here on TripAdvisor! You mentioned the excellent downtown location of Bradford Place -- yep, it's something we hear quite frequently from our guests -- and that it's so quiet at night. Again, Thank You -- we hope to see you on a return visit sometime soon!

Dottie Musser, Owner -- Bradford Place, Sonora, California

2000 to 2010 -- A Decade Of Excellence

Where "Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success"
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 11 September 2010

The inn is wonderful. It's small and quaint, but that's just what we wanted. We stayed in the Yosemite Room on the first floor. It has its own entrance from the personal patio/garden. The whirlpool tub is awesome and in a very well tiled and decorated bathroom. By far the best feature is Dottie's breakfast! You can have it brought to your room anytime before 11am. It's great for those of us on vacation who like to sleep in! :) Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
We appreciate your note here and we are so happy that you had an enjoyable and relaxing time in the Yosemite Room at Bradford Place. Thanks again for taking the time to share from your heart -- and as you know, reviews are always appreciated but are never solicited. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Dottie Musser, Owner -- Bradford Place, Sonora, California

Where "Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success"
Nice, California
Reviewed 2 February 2010

The Bradford place was a stop on our journey to LowCal. After talking to Dottie, the innkeeper, we showed up much later than anticipated. Even so, she was accommodating and showed us around the charming old house.

Dottie is the perfect innkeeper because she's entrenched in the community and knows where to wander to. The Bradford Place is located right in the heart of Sonora and there are all sorts of cool little shops along the main drag. It's a nice getaway that will keep you occupied but in a relaxed pace.

But as for the Bradford Inn itself, we stayed in the Bradford Suite which is the biggest room and has a sun porch as well. There's a cool clawfoot soaking tub right in the room and your rest comes in a huge four-poster bed. You feel like royalty in this giant bed with the posts and it was super comfortable. I've been in a few B&Bs where they have tons of lousy pillows - not here. It was just right!

There's also a little love seat in the room which, I believe, folds out into a bed but who the heck wants two other people watching you on a romantic getaway? Seriously.

After a restful night (or not, up to you!) there was a fantastic breakfast. This is the first B&B I've been to where you get a menu the night before and get to choose from a list of items. That was a pleasant surprise and we chose sort of a "sampler" which gave us a bit of everything. Dottie does a wonderful job with the breakfast part, as well as everything else.

For those who appreciate the architecture of an old house like this one there are all sorts of details to look at. Dottie has done a first-rate job modernizing what needs to be modernized without detracting from the architecture one bit. There are antiques, but they're sturdy. The lighting is just right but is also antique. It's a well-done tribute to the house's past without sacrificing modern comforts.

In "these times" I look for a vacation without troubles in a place I'll remember. Bradford Place Inn & Gardens is one of those vacation highlights that I have already enthusiastically recounted to all who will listen.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, 4 February 2010
Hello to "Great Getaway,"

We are pleased that you found your room and Bradford Place a delightful stop over on your recent trip through Sonora, California to "LowCal" -- we think that means Southern California, yah? Thank you for your kind words. We'll keep striving to deliver excellence in service and accommodations. Oh, and also in the breakfasts we offer!

Dottie Musser, Resident Owner, Bradford Place -- 2000 to 2010, A Decade Of Excellence In Innkeeping where "Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success"
Virginia
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We had little time to research this trip, found the site on the internet and called the inn keeper Dottie. She was great, we showed up, the room was perfect, immaculate and in a great location to downtown Sonora. Dottie is an excellent host and a great cook. We stayed in the Yosemite Room.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, 11 January 2010
We are pleased that you found your room and Bradford Place Inn a calm respite on your November trip to Sonora, California. Thank you for your kind words. We'll keep striving to deliver excellence in service and accommodations. Dottie Musser, Resident Owner, Bradford Place -- Where "Guest Satisfaction Is Our Success"
Santa Cruz,CA
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I stayed at the Bradford place Inn while on a solo business trip and will absolutely stay there again for business or pleasure. Centrally located yet quiet. The innkeepers (and cats!) greeted me when I arrived and made me feel at home immediately. My room was warm and comfortable I could have stayed much longer and had been totally content. Dottie brought my custom made breakfast to my room each morning and it was delicious and huge, kept me full all day. This inn is just lovely, the innkeepers could not be any more hospitable, the gardens are beautiful and well the 2 cats made it almost like home. I wish all things wonderful for the innkeepers!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen S
Dottie, Owner at Bradford Place Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, 17 October 2009
The kitties, Josh and Kody are glad you had a nice stay in Sonora at Bradford Place. They are happy to have made your business trip a little more relaxing. They want me to tell you to please come back soon -- and we'd love to host your visit again, also!

Dottie Musser, Owner - Bradford Place, Sonora, CA

P.S. TO ALL OUR READERS -- The two resident cats are OUTDOOR KITTIES who adopted the inn several years ago. They are NOT ALLOWED IN THE GUEST ROOMS NOR IN THE PARLORS. Both cats are over-fed, over-loved and they have warm beds! Oh, and they simply love to have their pictures taken!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonora
Gunn House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Jamestown
Murphys Suites
Murphys Suites
#2 of 4 in Murphys

Been to Bradford Place Inn and Gardens? Share your experiences!