“Sound rest and great dinner before heading to Yosemite.”

INNS of California-Sonora
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sonora
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We required two rooms mid week and stayed 1night before continuing our travels to Yosemite. Great value, tidy clean rooms and walking distance to restaurants and shops. We were driving all day so this location was ideal. We recommend Europa Cafe for its delicious hamburgers and steaks -a hearty country dinner and all walking distance from hotel. The four of us enjoyed our brief stay in Sonora!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Walt_oz

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, July 23 & 24, 2013 and I was able to get the room very reasonably priced, maybe due to a mid week stay, I am not sure, but I was very happy with the price and the room was great. Our room was very clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. No complaints from this traveler.

Room Tip: Only rated the fitness center and restaurant as average because there aren't any at this hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed here for one night, and found it to be an average place. The rooms were clean, and furniture was dated, Our room was on the back side, so we were away from the traffic noise on the street side. We were able to walk to local restaurants, but the sidewalks were in disrepair and challenging.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Cathy from the front desk was the most polite and helping person. She made we want to come back and recommend ppl. Without her being there I prolly wouldn't come back. The rooms were very clean and nice. Real helpful on the restaurant guide.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cody74w
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Hotel was very reasonably-priced and centrally located for walking to shops and restaurants. The room was clean with daily housekeeping services and the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool as there is a pretty view of the surrounding hillside.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolanne P
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I traveled to the Sonora in the middle of June. I was tired from the roadtrip. I went into the front check in area and waited behind a group of firefighters. It took quite a while for the two gals working that evening to check in the group. I heard it all, One was very young and unprofessional, the other babbled on about everything from her life story to her trip coming up. Another couple went in and ended up leaving the circus. I waited it out and by the time it was my turn, the sweetness was turned off, and the sour face turned on, the gal was rude and kept talking to the younger gal about the firemen they had just checked in. I would have left but due to being tired, I was going to stick it out. Other then that, the area is interesting, many interesting buildings. The rooms were clean and I enjoyed the swimming pool. The breakfast was good, I didnt know they had one, when I went in the next morning to check out, I found out. The clerk in the morning was very kind to me and my wife.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duane P
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Lucky the price is very cheap. The A/C didn't work, room smelled, "breakfast" was a joke and you ate it in your room or standing up. The only good thing was the shower...

My wife and I travel quite a bit... Trust this... Stay if you have to and don't have a choice. Run if you can..

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank TheProbst
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonora
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
#4 of 8 in Sonora
Rodeway Inn Sonora
Rodeway Inn Sonora
#6 of 8 in Sonora

Been to INNS of California-Sonora? Share your experiences!