We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sonora
The Inn on Knowles Hill Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Sonora B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“A+++”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at Knowles Hill last weekend for a family wedding in Sonora, and by the end of the weekend none of us wanted to go home. The inn itself is wonderful - beautiful and cozy, with an amazing attention to detail. But Rhonda and Fred are what put Knowles Hill in a league of its own. Rhonda catered the Sunday morning brunch for 140 wedding guests and the food was unbelievable. She sent us home with left overs and I may cry when they run out. Oh, and did I mention that the day before she served the 9 of us who were staying at the inn a gourmet breakfast during a city-wide power outage? Unbelievable. There was a once-in-a-generation snow storm Friday night and Knowles Hill was a winder wonderland. Magical. If you're reading this review, please stop now and book your visit to Knowles Hill. You won't regret it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at the Knowles Hill Inn with family and had such a special weekend! The Innkeeper, Rhonda, took very good care of us. Her cooking is amazing! The house is so beautiful. We stayed in the Segerstrom Room with our boys in the adjoining Boys Room. The attention to detail was amazing - all the little touches to make it cozy and cute! We felt so welcome and taken care of - the weekend was excellent!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I booked my fiancee and her family in at Knowles Hill during their visit to the U.S. Being from Sonora, I knew where the inn was but hadn't ever visited, as it was a private residence while I was growing up.
From the first conversation with Rhonda, I knew this was the place for my future wife and in-laws. Rhonda was charming and responsive, and she went well above and beyond to make sure our needs were met.
When I pulled up last week with the family, the oohs and ahs from the back seat clinched it for me. The property is beautiful, exactly as advertised, perched atop the hill with great views of Sonora. Close to downtown and yet quiet and away from the noise of traffic. Dogs, cats, chickens and ducks roaming the property, beautiful flowers and trees, gorgeous yard.
I didn't stay so I can't vouch for the rooms, but I did get to see the entire upper floor during check-in. Every room was immaculate, very charming, and reports from the family afterwards were that the stay was comfortable and lovely.
I would recommend the Inn to anyone and wish Rhonda all the success in the world as she renovates the lower property to be able to host wedding parties.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My brother and sister-in-law got my husband and I a gift certificate for The Inn on Knowles Hill, and we had wonderful stay. The Innkeeper, Rhonda, was perfect. She was friendly, sweet and fun to talk to, but absolutely considerate of her guests and their privacy. The Inn has been refurbished and remodeled back to its glory from the 20's, and you can't beat the views. The bed was incredibly comfortable and we spent the evening relaxing in the room. However, the real show stopper is the breakfast. Rhonda is an amazing cook and served unique, creative dishes that tasted great (great coffee too). The portions were perfect for my husband, and I actually couldn't finish everything, so you will not leave hungry.

Rhonda also accommodated my husband and I without hesitation when we needed to eat earlier than the scheduled breakfast service at 9am b/c of a rafting appointment.

I Highly recommend the Inn!!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DKenkel
Sausalito, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

From arrival to departure a wonderful experience. Beautiful location, great upkeep, and a stunning restoration. I am a little skittish about Inn's. So often they under promise and over "chat"...The Inn was exactly opposite. The room was fabulous (Sergerstrom Room). It was well appointed and very comfortable. Rhonda was the perfect hostess. Her warm welcome and orientation were perfect. The Inn is very convenient to town and she recommended wonderful dinner spots.

Breakfast was amazing with house made being the operative word. Best granola I've ever eaten, followed by an omelet and "to die for" French Toast. As we waddled out, Rhonda provide us with a little to go snack for the road. All in all a great stay made perfect by Rhonda's hospitality.

Mike D

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Modesto, California
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Having both stayed here before our wedding (separate rooms, of course!), we fell in love with with this place, full of old charm and personality, and such a vibrant, rich history. It's a place you hate to leave! The week leading up to our wedding was hectic...family and friends with shifting schedules, last minute changes and special accomidations were needed--not a problem for Rhonda & Fred! Every detail was met, all of our family and guests were simply astounded.

And the food...this requires a paragraph of it's own! Each meal surpassed any 5 star rating...it has to be experienced...then YOU can try to put it in words! Rhonda strives for perfection in food flavor, high quality, nutrition, and presentation. In our honest opinion, we agree she has attained her goal, and so did our family and guests.

And the setting? The location of this fabulous Inn was carefully chosen by a man who had that option. The building itself is a work of art, accentuated by the lush grounds surrounding this jewel. It's a paradise.

So much more could be said. We are so happy we chose this place to begin eternity together.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
melbourne
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Enjoy the wonderful ambience of a 1920's lovingly restored home from an era of charm and character. Sitting perched on the hill top of Sonora you can enjoy the view to the township and beyond into the yesteryear of cowboys, railroads and mining. Our room was delightfully decorated and all amenities of highest quality. Breakfast was a treat as we feasted on morning in the great dining room and the other in the morining room, both very beautiful and the food was superb.

Room Tip: No bad room.