“Beyond Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn on Knowles Hill Bed and Breakfast Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sonora
The Inn on Knowles Hill Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Sonora B&B and Inns
Sonora, California
“Beyond Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband surprised me for our anniversary by reserving us a room here. We live about a mile away, but getting away has always been difficult for us-so he made a great choice in staying local! Everything about the Inn was perfect! The room was large and extremely clean, the bed was so comfortable (and the special detergent smelled so good-you'll want to know what she uses)! Rhonda is one of the nicest people you will ever meet-and the BEST cook! Our breakfast was out of this world-my husband and I couldn't stop talking about it! We will be back, but in the meantime, we'll spread the word about how amazing The Inn on Knowles Hill is!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HeatherAndrea209

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We booked this as a layover stop on our way from Yosemite to Napa. It turned out to be one of our best experiences on the trip. Rhonda and Fred are exceptional hosts! Rhonda gave us great recommendations for dinner that proved to be really good. The breakfast the next morning was TRULY a six star experience. We hate to admit it but we and our friends who traveled with us are foodies. Rhonda's breakfast was the best we have ever experienced. She even served it on special china she began collecting from her childhood! The rooms were very comfortable and the bed....ah....so comfortable! The location is a little difficult to find but it is well worth it!

Our recommendation is if you are looking for a place to exceed your expectations...Rhonda and Fred's Knowles Inn will definitely do that!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pineleaf
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I am traveling quite frequently as part of my business and was looking forward to experiencing something different, outside of my chain hotel experience. I came across this establishment through Tripadvisor and booked one night, in anticipation, and high hopes, of a memorable stay. I was not disappointed! The entire stay, from the welcoming text informing me of the two collies who would lovingly welcome me, to the departing breakfast that was just absolutely fantastic, was such a delightful experience that I can only recommend it to anyone who considers staying in the greater Sonora area.
I will make it a point of staying at the Inn on Knowles Hill every time I will be in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
southern california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

After staying here, I just have to agree with all the glowing reviews I've read here on tripadvisor; especially the meticulous attention to detail through out the mansion, the incredibly comfortable beds, the outstanding breakfast, but really above all, the wonderful hospitality of the hosts, Rhonda and Fred. Highly recommended, and well worth going out of the way to experience it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

After a trip up the California coast we headed to Sonora for our niece's wedding. We were thrilled upon checking in to this gorgeous mansion to find ourselves in a fabulous corner room with a huge four poster bed made up with wonderful linen and a cozy, fluffy, duvet. The private bath had fabulous vintage tile and fixtures that had been lovingly restored and updated There was a great shower in the tub the linens were luxurious. The proprietors were great and as the weekend progressed and more of our family arrived, along with a freak snow storm, we appreciated how fortunate we were to have chosen The Inn on Knowles Hill. The first morning we arose to an incredible breakfast served in the charming breakfast room. The second morning after more of our family had arrived along with the snow storm that knocked out power we were amazed to find that our hostess, Rhonda, somehow produced a breakfast equal to her triumph of the previous morning. I'm talking about poached pears, French toast, scrumptious baked eggs, coffee, juice and all this served at a dining room table which was spectacularly set for the nine of us. Fires in the living room fireplace warded off any chill and there was always the big cozy bed to climb back into as we rested up for the evening wedding activities. I can't say enough good things about the inn and the owners. Go and see for yourselves!!

Room Tip: Being on the 2nd floor was great. We were in the Herbert Hoover room and just loved it! You could...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Our stay at Knowles Hill was way beyond our expectations. My wife and I went for our anniversary this last August, and we had a great experience from the moment we met Rhonda at check-in. The place is very charming in a lovely location. The food was sublime, better than anything I've had at any hotel/B&B, and better than most restaurants. Honestly though, it was the hospitality from Rhonda and her family put this place over the top. She kindly recommended many great things to do during our stay, so if you're looking for something to do while you're there be sure to ask.

I would give Knowles HIll 6 stars if I could. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew A
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in August to celebrate our anniversary. It was our first time in Sonora, and we were very pleased with the accommodations at Knowles Hill. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed, and the surroundings were very peaceful.

The real charm to Knowles Hill, however, is the host family. They were absolutely delightful, and the food is to die for. They gave us excellent recommendations on things to do during our stay and we had a wonderful getaway, so be sure to ask if you're not sure what to do while you're there. The whole experience was a bargain compared to other B&B experiences we've had. I've been recommending Knowles Hill to everyone I know, and we will definitely be going back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonora
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
INNS of California-Sonora
Hotel Charlotte
Hotel Charlotte
#2 of 7 in Groveland

Been to The Inn on Knowles Hill Bed and Breakfast Hotel? Share your experiences!