Sonora Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Miner's Motel(Jamestown)
Aladdin Inn(Sonora)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop poolthird floorgold countrymining townhard boiled eggsking suitecomfortable stayyogurtearplugs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The overall lobby was very clean and nice with a lot of the older features the renovation of this historical hotel was done in good taste. Restaurant on location as well as a cute boutique. Restaurants and shops within walking distance. Room was very clean. Bed was a little hard but I have a bad back so that could be me. Breakfast very basic with toast and waffles.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were booked at the Rodeway Inn across the street from Sonora Inn. Decided to switch to Sonora Inn after we looked at its welcoming, nicely decorated lobby. Sorora Inn was WAY BETTER than the tired, peeling paint Rodeway. Our 2-queen room was just $10 more than Rodeway. (139 vs. 149). PROS: spacious room with modern amenities like TV, Wi-fi, AC. Nice decor throughout. Clean. Friendly staff. Second fl. terrace pool gets full sun in afternoon for refreshing swim. Walking distance to several decent restaurants. We had casual dinner at Diamondback Grill that was good, not great. B of A ATM right across the street. CONS: street noise if your room is on S. Washington side of hotel. Continental breakfast was poor. Lots of processed, high-sugar foods & weak coffee.
OVERALL: Enjoyed our stay in nice room with comfortable beds and would stay again. Good value.

Room Tip: Corner room is large but stay away from front of hotel due to street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Sonora is a sleepy Gold Rush mining town. Seems like the Chamber of Commerce has no goals. Town needs a traffic plan to route more traffic away from city. Sonora Inn (and the town) suffers from being ignored. Is there a business plan other than I want to operate an historic hotel? "Continental breakfast" should be omitted if that's all the imagination they have. I asked the kitchen for decaf coffee and was abruptly told to ask at the front desk - where the person at the front desk was hiding in an office apparently reading a book. I sensed that I interrupted them. I know it's slow folks, but you do have some paying customers. The walls are thin and TVs and loud conversations can be heard from other rooms. Windows should be double paned to cut down on street noise. There are other historic hotels a few miles away that deserve your attention before the Sonora Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the streets - if there are any.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RussianRiverWineGuy
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I always wanted to stay in this hotel, and I'm very glad we did. Super friendly and helpful staff. Our room was the size of a shoebox but was super cute and fit what we needed. We could hear our neighbors move about but in the end I'm sure the got the worst end of it. Got up early the next morning so that we could ho home and sleep in our own bed. As there's were not that great. Although I would probably not return, I loved that we tried it out and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We as a family (2 adults + 2 teen children) were on our way to Yosemite from Tahoe and decided to stay at Sonora as a last minute call as it would be dark by the time we reached Yosemite. Sonora Inn is an institution (I think built in 1896), There was a great old world charm to it. We got our room quickly. Got a good 'on the spot' discount. The room with 2 queen beds was huge with all latest amenities including LCD TV and coffee maker. The hotel is centrally located on the main street with a supermarket close by. We went for dinner to this great Thai restaurant which was one block away. The free included continental breakfast was sufficient but could have been better. Next morning we got up and within 2 hours we were in the centre of the Yosemite Valley. Great place to stay for on a road trip !

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street as that could get noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family