“The Absolute Best Chile Rellenos”

El Chipotle Taqueria
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Soquel
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: phone number (831) 477-1048
Description: phone number (831) 477-1048
Reviewed 20 August 2014

They have a great menu here. Lots to choose from, but I love their chile Rellenos. Light egg batter outside that spill out creamy cheese and a flavorful chile. Not too hot, just great flavor. Yumm!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

In the small downtown of Soquel, you will find an authentic Mexican flair with food.
Good food, good service, and super prices!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We keep coming back since discovering this place. With demanding New Mexican chili palates, we appreciate that they distinctly develop their various chili flavors instead slopping on generic one-size-fits-all chilis in red or green.

The food feels very sincere and genuine Mexican/Oaxacan with some Central American influences. The flavors are great and the portions are good. The coffee has just the right kiss of cinnamon without being frilly.

Very rustic ambiente, so if you expect something fancy, better stay away. Prices are great – overall, a great experience for someone who appreciates good Mexican food.

1  Thank BGL68
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I don't normally visit a restaurant (even a very casual one) for the first time with FOUR kids in tow. That being said... the service was great. Very tolerant of our rambunctious table. Knew who to give paper cups to as opposed to plastic ones. Gave just the right amount of candies at the end of our meal so as not to cause a riot. Mentioned the red sauce may be too spicy for the little ones and suggested the green (the green was spicy however, not the red).

I had the summer veggie burrito and it was one of the best veggie burritos I have EVER had. I love how many veggie burrito choices they have on the menu... six maybe? VERY reasonable prices.

I will be back, and soon. So happy I drug my raucous group there this evening!

1  Thank Whisk-Chef
Reviewed 25 November 2012

This place resembles a more real Mexican place. Simple decor and small. Not expensive. We had a good vegetarian burrito, made with spinach tortilla. It was VERY green! Good with a cold Pacifico beer.

Been to El Chipotle Taqueria? Share your experiences!