“Like a 5 star hotel”

Americas Best Value Inn South Gate
Americas Best Value Inn South Gate
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in South Gate
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that this motel had rooms that were like new! The staff was super friendly, very attentive and they were extremely helpful when I had questions regarding what to do around the area.

There is also an amazing coffee shop called Tierra Mia that is right next to the motel. It's so much better than Starbucks and everyone should give that place a try. Overall I had a great experience and would definitely come back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sahar B

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have used Best Value several times and at several locations during the last 10 years or so. Always with better results that here.

OK, the room was nice and appeared clean with clean sheets on the bed. Not that many channels on the old CRT TV.

The fridge was extremely noisy, so I turned it off during the night. Same for the A/C.

In the morning I did find one almost dead 'roach' in the bathroom. Belly up and barely moving. If it was due to poison or lack of food is unknown.

However, the two standard towels available were some what too small for a bath. I managed, but... Why no bath towels?

And the nice soap and shampoo dispenser in the bath was bone dry and had been so for some time it seemed!
I managed with one of the pieces of bar soap available, but my hair, whats left of it, had to be rinsed only.

The web site mentions continental breakfast, but the young girl at the reception last night described it as: 'Mainly coffee'.
It may be better/more, but it has not been checked yet.

Firestone seems to be a rather busy road with lots of heavy and noisy traffic 24/7.
The WiFi, through which this is being written, worked without a glitch!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Unfriendly staff, even though we booked im advance (she couldnt find it in the system) we agreed to pay again. still, this lady at the reception was very rude and we didnt felt welcomed at all. the room was the worst on our whole trip across LA - bad smell, very loud, not clean at all (our sheets were dirty!! And everything looked used) cold coffee. We would never ever go there again and would absolutely NOT RECOMMEND this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Dont go there!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank AlpenkalbTriesenberg
Timesh_p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn South Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention. We work very hard to make sure all of our guest are comfortable throughout thier stay. It bothers me that your experience was unpleasant. These problems you have mentioned have been addressed and I would like to invite you to give us another chance and I will personally make sure your stay is to your full satisfaction.

Best regards

Timesh Patel

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were there to attend a Convention at the Convention Center. It took less than 15 mins to dwntown LA. Location was great!
The place is immaculate ! Cleaner place than I have seen in years. Everything is in great condition. Timmy & staff go out of their way w five star treatment. I brought along my mom, their hospitality was incredible to go out of the way to ensure my elder mom was taken care of during our stay! The place was well lite as I had long days and got back late. They recommended great options for local coffee! Their ability to provide insight, suggestions to local areas was excellent ! The staff was considerate to our needs. The place was shocking with remodeled fixtures - everything looking brand new, freshly painted, brand new looking comforters. I would recommend this to everyone traveling into LA. I can't thank the staff and the owners in providing a great stay with a great experience!!
Kranti

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed several times at the America's Best Value Inn at South Gate for a reason: the accommodations were very good and the staff and management were friendly and attentive to my needs. Tim and his staff and/or family were very welcoming and just pleasant to stay with. They really care about providing an excellent experience for their guests. In terms of other factors, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the location was convenient to the highway, and the location was a safe one. I will continue to stay here when coming to LA because I can count on my stay being comfortable and pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

As part of a group of 15, we needed a place not too far from the airport, and not too far from our bird-watching locations (Swedes love American birds!). The lady accommodated us with an early breakfast and a late check-out time. The rooms were spacious. The motel is close to fast food and gas stations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Timesh_p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn South Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Hello,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am happy that your stay was great. Your reviews are very important to ensure we continue to serve our guest with full satisfaction. Please come visit us again very soon.

Tim Patel
Guest Relations
(323) 374-0413

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My family and I were traveling to Los Angeles from Laguna Beach and didn't have a hotel reserved. After reading reviews on this hotel we decided to give it a try. We were very pleased with this hotel, it was extremely clean and the attendant at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. We were a little worried about our vehicle due to the area but we were assured there had never been any incidents and were even offered the owner's parking spot right in front of the office. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Downey
The Bicycle Hotel & Casino
The Bicycle Hotel & Casino
#1 of 3 in Bell Gardens

Been to Americas Best Value Inn South Gate? Share your experiences!