“Good service and consistently good eats”
Review of La Fiesta Grande

La Fiesta Grande
Cuisines: Mexican
South Pasadena
“Good service and consistently good eats”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife for a week night dinner. As usual service was attentive and food was good. consistent and cordial.

Gold Beach, Oregon
“Simplicity is sometimes best.”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Nothing fancy just good Mexican food. Like always I ate lite. Carnitas and Carne Asada tacos al a carte. Good. I always look to service as a good indicator of quality. They made good on their bottomless soda. Filled my glass multiple times without my request. Great service, friendly people and great experience.

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Uninspired, Lacks Taste”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

This restaurant offers standard Mexican fare for a California diner who is not Mexican, does not care for Mexican food, and has little to nothing to compare it to.
Nothing has made us ill, but all of it has left us disappointed the few times we have gone.
Suggestion: Keep heading west to York in Highland Park and eat at Antojitos or El Huarache Azteca or the La Estrella truck--with really tasty Mexican food the way it is and should be, where you will see families eating and smiling and where on the weekends barbacoa and other special foods are offered

Visited June 2012
Los Angeles
“Far Better Mexican in Pasadena Area”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Don't get me wrong. La Fiesta Grande is an OK restaurant. The food is rather bland though my wife does enjoy the soup. If something quick needed for dinner and close by, it will serve the purpose. However, better Mexican food can be found at several local establishments. Try El Cholo in Pasadena for a better fare and, to boot, a full bar.

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Good and bad”
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

The first time we came here we thought the food was awesome and returned quickly. Unfortunately, my second visit I ordered fish and was very disappointed. It was oily and I was quickly turned off. Perhaps it was just an off day, but my bad meal overshadowed my good one and I have not gone back.